Trying to get hyped up about the success..

Options
gwild0r
gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
So i've been using MFP for almost 30 days now... but more importantly I've made the life change officially 30 days ago.. Today I took a before and after Photo.. I've lost 28lbs, and even more i'm finally under 300lbs, which I haven't seen in forever.. I'm happy, but i'm not jumping up and down about it.. I really want to lose MORE.. Gotta stay motivated.. Gotta stay motivated...

Before-After.jpg

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    WTG! You can do it...one day at a time and eventually you will reach your goal! Keep up the awesome work! I see great changes and believe many more are to come.
  • Pamu101
    Options
    Fabulous, we can see you lost a lot of weight!
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Keep it up! That first month is definitely one of the more difficult. You're going through so many changes, just stay positive and reach out if you need support. That's what we're here for!
  • Carri1
    Carri1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow 28 lbs and you joined in Oct? That's awesome! You realize that's almost 1 lb a day?? 28/30 days! That ROCKS!
    Keep up the Great Job!! :happy:
  • Loula2011
    Loula2011 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing!!! 28lbs in 30 days!! That is quite the accomplishment!! I can see big changes already in your pictures! :) Keep it up!!!
  • Loula2011
    Loula2011 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing!!! 28lbs in 30 days!! That is quite the accomplishment!! I can see big changes already in your pictures! :) Keep it up!!!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Imagine yourself 6 months from now. Think where you would be if you continue, and think about where you will be if you quit. 6 months is a drop in the bucket of your life, a life changing success if you continue! Good luck!
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    I can really see a difference already, keep it up :)
  • jah7700
    jah7700 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work! I just dropped under 300 myself and I can't tell you how long it has been since I've seen a 2 as the first number of my weight!
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thx Gang.. You are some great people! :D
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You are doing a fabulous job so far - congrats on the loss!!!

Maybe set some small realistic goals and think about some ways you can reward yourself when you meet them (new clothes/book/game/movie, take a day off, etc)

I find that setting fitness/dietary goals are more motivating that setting weight loss goals because they're easier to achieve and there's less chance of setting yourself up for failure. Many times when people say "I'll lose 20 pounds by Christmas" and they don't reach that goal, they become very disappointed in themselves and will give up. But if you set a goal like "work out 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes for the next month" or "cut soda intake by 50% by Christmas", that tends to be easier to achieve and you're likely to keep that motivation going. And if you don't meet a dietary/fitness goal, it's easier to tweak your lifestyle to meet the goal than with weight loss. There are so many factors out of our control when it comes to that number on the scale that you can't always predict what will happen.

Best of luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!