NSV-Xanax

Options
CVALGAL
CVALGAL Posts: 108 Member
Interesting NSV happened for me last night. I had a situation that I sailed through without any anxiety. Without going into the details of it, it is a situation I have to face at least monthly, sometimes more often. In the past, this particular event has caused so much anxiety that I had to medicate with Xanax ahead of time. Honestly, knowing the situation was coming, I was expecting to start getting the symptoms of the anxiety, but they never came. I even took a pill with me to the place where this was happening, just in case I needed to take it, but I never had to. I am thrilled that I made it through without having to medicate! I wonder, what has changed in my body to help me manage this stress?

Replies

• Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
    As being someone who has a prescription for Xanax, I know how proud you must be! It is amazing what your body can do once you get it going, isn't it?
    Way To Go!!!
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am totally there with you! I feel a lot healthier since starting my weight loss journey and those frequent panic attacks I use to have, GONE! I haven't had a panic attack in two months and I'm LOVING it!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    That is huge! Congrats!
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I suffer from depression and anxiety. I can totally appreciate this NSV and can say you ABSOLUTELY rock!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Exercise and a healthy food plan will work wonders. :flowerforyou:
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    congrats on getting thru it. i took xanax and klonopins a few years back, and finally got off of them a while later. felt great to get a grasp on my anxiety and not need them anymore.
  • nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good for you, homegirl! I can only imagine how relieving that feeling must be:)
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Are you exerising more often? Exercise has been helping with my depression a lot more than Xanax. i still have a prescription to take it as needed, but I honestly haven't had to use it for months.

I know how hard it can be to lose weight when anxiety is compouding your life. Congratulations!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
    As being someone who has a prescription for Xanax, I know how proud you must be! It is amazing what your body can do once you get it going, isn't it?
    Way To Go!!!

This makes me happy. I keep a bottle just incase but have not had to use it. However after my dog passed away I did walk close to 30 miles in one week. Just gotta move and think things through which isn't always easy. Great job.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Also being someone who suffers from anxiety and used to have Xanax- great NSV! Also, I have found that when I exercise, I do not have anxiety attacks. Exercising releases good endorphins which can help to block your brain receptors that would lead you to have the anxiety in the first place. I hope the trend continues for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!