Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Plateau busters

Hey everyone!!! Thought I would post on here - so....does anyone have some really good plateau buster ideas? I have currently lost all of my baby weight and a few more pounds, would like to lose another 27-28 more. My body for the past 2 weeks seems to want to hang onto my weight. I currently mix P90x with Zumba and run 3-4 miles on the weekends. Any advice is appreciated - Oh and I also eat anywhere from 1600-1900 calories per day? Should I be eating more calories? Thanks!

Replies

• When I would hit a plateau, I would increase my calories. I also changed up my workout routine. The body gets used to us doing the same thing day in, day out.

Good luck!
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    bump, your situation sounds like mine, Ive lost 15 lbs past my baby weight and stuck at 149 the past month or so, I've been trying to eat more, to shock the system i guess. I do zumba and spinning, I'm starting to add circuit training now, to see if that will help :)
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Has anyone tried that feature which varies your daily calories? I wonder if that helps confuse our bodies into breaking a plateau.
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Same here. Trying to mix things up. Bought 2 Leslie Sansone walking tapes. Using those and walking outside and doing more strength training. Usually do 30 to 40 minutes in the AM and another workout in the PM. My appetite is out of control though and I need to refocus my portion control.
  • I've seen people do zig-zag cals for 2-4wks..just until if course you see a change. Personally when I hit plateau the first time, I kind of "gave up" & ate like a pig for a couple days without working out [not on purpose-just dissapointed that scale wasn't moving] & afterwards I started exercising again & began to lose weight a couple days after..second plateau I "rested" for 3 days & scale started moving..I guess it just depends on your body. But I know it has to do a lot with not changing your workout routine [body gets used to same routine]. Good luck though, it's disappointing but atleast you're motivated to keep going even when hitting this darn stage.
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    I stalled for three weeks and then lost three pounds on the fourth week! When I noticed the scale had stopped for a fortnight, I ate more for three days (went over by about 300 cals per day) and went swimming instead of doing a cardio class one night per week. I noticed that even though the scale didn't move for those three weeks, I saw inch loss round my waist and hips. I am sure mixing up the food and exercise helped.
    Good luck.