Just the Beginning!!

Options
Hey everyone! I am new to mfp, but I am really excited that I just joined. My name is Abbey and am 21 years old. I came to mfp because I have been overweight my entire life and now that I have reached my heaviest, I just don't want to continue getting deeper into my bad habits and I want to be and feel young. Im only 21 and I hate shopping, or anything else all girls my age enjoy. I hate the feeling of seeing something cute on the rack and they either don't have it in my size or it looks all wrong on my body.I have been a yo yo dieter since middle school. Two years ago I lost 50 lbs and was looking and feeling great. But then I met my boyfriend, who fitness comes easy to and doesn't gain like I do. I got comfortable and started eating the same junk he did and the weight just crept back on and then some. He's really supportive of whatever I want to do and always tells me Im beautiful no matter what, but I hate the way I look. I've never seen what I look like at a healthy weight and I really want to know my body and my face without the distortion my weight causes. I have been looking and reading so many success stories and the before and after pictures look like two different people. I just really want to feel and look healthy. I want to be happy with my body and not self- conscious. I know that this will be a journey and will not happen overnight, and I know I need all the motivation I can, but I will reach my goal by taking it one day at a time. Thanks for reading, add me as a friend if you'd like :)

Replies

• january179
    january179 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! I have gained and lost weight for years. I thought 2 years ago was it but then life happened. Now I am changing careers and ready to be healthy again! We can help and support each other!
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Every journey starts with just one step. It can seem daunting at the start but you will get where you want to be. Welcome to MFP!!!
  • chellesky
    Options
    Im walking by your side Awright added you as my friend. We will do it together and with the mfp community :heart: