whats in a name ??

Options

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Katkins because I am a kin to kats. 3 because I live with 3 cats currently.
    It goes back to when I took my teen daughter to see "Cats" and the usher asked if we had cats and I answered, "Lady, we BE cats!".
    Katkin is also on my license plate.
  • teamlangston
    teamlangston Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mine is something that we try to teach our kids: that being a family is a team effort. So Team Langston it is. It's silly, but it works. Our boys even love to huddle up, yell "Team Langston" and throw their hands in the air, like athletes do before a game. Our boys do it before long road trips or what not :-)

I also used it, because Lord knows this weight loss journey is going to be a team effort!
  • Liluth
    Liluth Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Liluth is the name I put for all the game characters I create, like in Dragon Age, Harvest Moon, Knights of the Old Republic. More original than Mary or Sarah, but not so complex that I don't like it/use it.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    Its muh name.

First name, middle initial and last name first letter.

Boring.
    At least your hat is awesome! :tongue:

My hate is amazing, eh? I call it my confidence booster (I dont know why!?!)

But its got nothing on the drunk Mexican wrestling thing you have going on here!! Fact!
  • SCBrennan999
    SCBrennan999 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My nickname is Duckie, and my name is Stephanie, so it only made sense, haha.
  • NefariousBunny
    Options
    I like the way Nefarious sounds and bunnies are cute, right! :)
  • stampede55
    Options
    Its muh name.

First name, middle initial and last name first letter.

Boring.
    At least your hat is awesome! :tongue:

My hate is amazing, eh? I call it my confidence booster (I dont know why!?!)

But its got nothing on the drunk Mexican wrestling thing you have going on here!! Fact!
    Estampida Rapida!!! (props to newaustinite for that one!)
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Mine means 'I will be slim!' in Japanese. I started off naively using just my surname (fukutome), but had to change it for obvious reasons. :blushing:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    My name is Cely..pronounced Sealy....57 is my birth year.....so seal57............
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    It's the name of my tumblr, too. I love the song Venus by AIR and the symbolism behind the Roman goddess Venus. My name starts with an S, so I kind of threw the two together and enjoyed the sound of it.
  • natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Mine means 'I will be slim!' in Japanese. I started off naively using just my surname (fukutome), but had to change it for obvious reasons. :blushing:

I can't believe I didn't figure that out! For some reason the yo tacked on the end made me pronounce the whole word totally differently and I didn't clue into the meaning. Doh! :ohwell:

I like the movie "La Femme Nikita", but changed the spelling to be closer to my real name. Natika was already taken as a handle in many places and I wanted as many of my handles to be the same as possible, so I randomly added 33 to it. If you see natika33 anywhere on the web, it's probably me. :wink:

Incidentally, ika means squid in Japanese which has nothing to do with anything except it makes me think of Cthulhu or Japanese tentacle manga both of which are a) nerdy and 2) interesting...ahem. :laugh:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    haha

i guess i should be changing mine soon. i've been here a year and a half so i'm not new anymore..

need a new name!
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    MIne is Maryfullofgrace... it is from a prayer. When I see the words, it reminds me to keep focused.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Mine is my username from neopets looool. I rejoined that site when I was "punk, alternative, etc." in high school :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am 1 who luvs the sun!:happy:
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    Very cool all of ya... learning alot about the MFP community from this post.. thanks and keep em coming
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I used to own a business restoring old classic mustangs, shelby mustangs, cobras...etc.
    Its a screen name I've used for about 10 years
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    mine is simply Mizz lady Lisa I use Mizz since I am not married Lady like Is how choose to carry my self Lisa is my name I belive My user name descibes me as a person
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    mine is my first initial followed by my middle name and 22 is my lucky number. It's also easy to remember because it's my email address also.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    It's my Roller Derby name... originally a nick name given to me by my MFP friend Clew. I used to be Funk4Life (Funk is my last name). One day she called me FunkBunnah and I loved it! Had to change my profile name, And when Derby came along it only seemed natural.