PHO?

Options
Ok so I have heard all these great things about PHO. Who had there has tried it and likes/dislikes it?? I am curious to try it out but scared all at the same time. Wanna get some ideas before I go out there and get some!!!

Replies

• Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    Delicious, but loaded with sodium. That soup is incredible!
  • FutureMrsEssman
    FutureMrsEssman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love pho! Its so good, but usually most restaurants make it in huge portions so try to get the kiddie size when ordering. They're is usually a certain way to prepare it once you get to your table (they have all the stuff on the table already) just be cautious of the sugar you add.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love it.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Pho !!!!!!! but it is high in sodium so make sure to drink a lot of water afterwards!!!!!!
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Love Pho!!!
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    What is PHO? I've never heard of it. Thanks
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Pho is Yummy!
  • lilbloomgal
    Options
    I loooooove Pho! It's basically vietnamese noodle soup - different everywhere. Can have meat, mushrooms, rice noodles, veggies in any combination in a big bowl of delicious broth. The broth can be mild or spicy. Texas is right - watch the sodium.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have heard all these great things about PHO. Who had there has tried it and likes/dislikes it?? I am curious to try it out but scared all at the same time. Wanna get some ideas before I go out there and get some!!!

Honestly youre getting scared over nothing....

Vietnamese noodle bowls... they make chicken, shrimp, beef, beef-tongue, and other types... fresh vegetables, fresh stock, rice or mung bean noodles, mung beans, fresh thai basil, fresh herbs....

I make this all the time from scratch using whole fresh ingredients, I never have sodium in mine because I make my own chicken/beef/vegetable stock.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Pho is awesome
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    It's awesome. No reason to be scared imagine it as Chicken noodle soup :)
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    I order mine with the flank steak and brisket. I add lots of Sirachi hot sauce and some Hoisin sauce with a squeeze of lemon. Heaven on earth! Don't forget to add the bean sprouts and plenty of cilantro! I also add the jalapeno pepper slices for extra flavor.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I loooove pho.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I eat it regularly, at least once a week. I get mines with rare flap steak, throw in the fresh herbs and sprouts they give me and I'm a happy camper :)
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    Wow!!! Thanks guys. I think I am ready to go out and try it now!! :) Sounds like there is a lot of different combination possibilities. What are your favorites????
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    It is really awesome and you can get it fixed many different ways!! Great PHO!!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I can't say I'm an expert on it. I had it once and it was okay but I didn't love it. I just didn't care for the meat being so bland. The broth is good and the rest of it is fine. But i certainly wouldn't maybe $10 for it.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm .... Pho ... It's the best! Love, love, love it! Don't know how good it is for you though, I would think that it is high in sodium.

You can order it as seafood, chicken, veggie or (my favorite) beef (comes w slices of rare lean beef that cook in the broth...fricking yum!) oh also theres another beef one that comes with brisket, lean beef slices, meatball and tendon with rice or egg noodles (both are delicious). Actually, I'm sure that depending upon where you go the options will vary.

It comes with a little side dish of bean sprouts, sliced jalapenos, some kind of leaf (which is delicious although I can't for the life of me think of what it is called) and different sauces (hoisin, siracha, chili paste, fish sauce and soy sauce. Again probably more, depending upon where you go) that you can mix up and add in to your specific taste (I like mine spicy).

Hope this helps ... enjoy! :)
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I order mine with the flank steak and brisket. I add lots of Sirachi hot sauce and some Hoisin sauce with a squeeze of lemon. Heaven on earth! Don't forget to add the bean sprouts and plenty of cilantro! I also add the jalapeno pepper slices for extra flavor.

Mmmm....YES! The place I go to serves it with lime ... love the lime and lots of it! I think the leaf I was thinking of is Thai basil or something like that.?