Better at 30 then at 20

Options
I have been on here for awhile but have never introduced myself. I face my 30th birthday in about 2 months and made a goal to be better at 30 then I was at 20. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be ;)

My family has ALWAYS struggled with weight. My mom is morbidly obese, my grandma and aunts are always doing a "new" weight loss thing and I inherited all of these genes. Lucky me.

I am looking for support. I have been working out since Feburary 2011 and have only lost 26 pounds. I get discouraged about this often and it makes me want to quit. I also started running in July 2011 and constantly get discouraged by other runners. I feel that I should be running more, longer, faster, etc. I never knew i would not only have guilt from my childhood, but now I have RUNNERS GUILT! It feels like it never ends :)

Replies

• nicolemariedwyer
    nicolemariedwyer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    26 lbs is awesome!!! Keep up the good work! I just re-joined this! I know that you WILL do well!
  • merrick7871
    Options
    26 pounds is great. I know its easier said than done, but you are better off losing it slowly. I am fairly new to this site, but am finding it extremely helpful and keeps me accountable! Good luck!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    If you're planning on being better at 30 than at 20, go ahead and spruce up your profile. Put a picture of something on your profile, and state to the world why you want to be better at 30 than at 20.
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey, losing 26 lbs and running slowly is a LOT better than not losing 26 lbs and never running! The glass is half full!
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    26lbs is awesome! Sounds like there's absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. Keep on keepin' on!

Best wishes to you!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for awhile but have never introduced myself. I face my 30th birthday in about 2 months and made a goal to be better at 30 then I was at 20. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be ;)

My family has ALWAYS struggled with weight. My mom is morbidly obese, my grandma and aunts are always doing a "new" weight loss thing and I inherited all of these genes. Lucky me.

I am looking for support. I have been working out since Feburary 2011 and have only lost 26 pounds. I get discouraged about this often and it makes me want to quit. I also started running in July 2011 and constantly get discouraged by other runners. I feel that I should be running more, longer, faster, etc. I never knew i would not only have guilt from my childhood, but now I have RUNNERS GUILT! It feels like it never ends :)

I'm going to be 30 in June and I also want to be looking better at 30 than I did at 20 (although I have only vague recollections of what I looked like at 20) -- I'm alreayd in better shape anyway.

You can friend me if you want to!

You're almost at the half way point so I'd say you're doing pretty good and you have lost at a rate of 3lbs a month which is totally good -- in fact its probably better than a fast loss because fast loss tends to equal muscle loss.