Running my FIRST 5K!!

Options
Hey All,

I'm so excited I just wanted to share..I'm going to be running my FIRST 5K on Thanksgiving. Can't wait to share the results with all of you!!!!

Also I am raising money for Special Olympics if anyone is interested. It goes to a good cause :)

http://www.RunningGuru.com/RunWithMe/3229

Thanks for everyone's support!!

Replies

• angelbeville
    Options
    Did my first one in August! Good luck!
  • ydeleon
    Options
    That's awesome!! I can't wait to hear about it either. I love running races!!!
  • Kaybee1011
    Kaybee1011 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thats great.........I remember my 1st 5K. Thought I was crazy to sign up but now I'm hooked......Good Luck.
  • monica1515
    Options
    I'm running my first 5K on Thanksgiving day too (the infamous Turkey Trot)! Good luck!
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm running my local turkey trot too! So excited.
  • runnermel
    Options
    best of luck to you! my first 5K was over 8 years ago! now I am running my first marathon on Sunday! crazy to sit here and think back to that first 5K, so thanks for reminding me!!
  • mbakken90
    Options
    I was just talking to my co-workers and I am going to work towards a goal of running a marathon! Gotta start somewhere though right? :smile:
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    Have a great race!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Enjoy every second!!!
  • mbakken90
    Options
    Anyone have any good training techniques??
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first 5K 11/20/11. Another turkey trot. I've been training with C25K. Good luck!
  • mbakken90
    Options
    I thought about using that but I just signed up on Monday and it's on Thanksgiving! So not a ton of time (i've been running for awhile now though) Any good songs? Workout Apps? Any help would be appreciated!!
  • hedkell
    hedkell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • normh545
    normh545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    done my first 5k the other week, i felt great that i did it after 6 weeks of training and diet
  • mbakken90
    Options
    I'm happy to say I beat my 5K goal yesterday!! I wanted to run it in 35:00 and I ran it in 34:55!! So excited!