I need to get back on the road...

Options
Hey everyone..when i first started running, i did it outside, for monthssss. Now im running on a treadmill at my dads. I don't know what happened but i get nervous running outside now..i know this might sound weird. I started out running outside at 234lbs and didn't give a d*mn what anyone thought or anyone who saw me. Now im bouncing around 175-180 and it makes me nervous..a couple times I've been honked at, whistled at...& a hey baby..and it makes me really nervous..i feel like eyes are on me. lol. I also get nervous about if im running fast enough for my size..like it really matters what people in a passing car think if im running slow or not? It doesn't! I wanna get back to the road, i think you get a better work out running outside.. that's just me. & I no longer want to go to my dads to use the treadmill because i cant stand my brothers sk*nk girlfriend & i already got in a physical fight with her. & beat her a** by the way! lol... but I need and want to get back on the road..anyone have any ideas how i could over come this fear of mine? or whatever it is..& has anyone else felt this or am i a werido?? lol. Im feeling a** backwards with my feelings on this..

Replies

• rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I totally get the same feelings! But then when I see people out running, no matter they're physical condition I think, "Man, that's awesome that they're out doing something and taking control of their health!" Unfortunately not everyone thinks like that and some people are just flat out rude.

But remember who you're doing this for, yourself. I also try running in the morning or after work when not so many people are out and about to give their commentary on my running! : )
  • ahmedlogic
    ahmedlogic Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You pretty much said it yourself. Just go out there and don't give a *kitten* about what others think.
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Get in the habit of carrying mace and/or borrow a friends dog to run with.

Other than that, its very unlikely people in passing cars are critiquing your speed. Most people are probably not paying attention to you at all.