Helpp :P

Hey , so me and my mom have a bet going... Who can ever loses 50 pounds first by February, has to give the other person 2 Hundred dollors. Both of us have been starting to work out again , But i was wondering if their is an easier way to lose it? I am starting to work out 6 days a week and been watching what i eat but if their is more i can do to lose im up for it, Hard work and dedication !:)

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,309 Member
    You have youth on your side. I think it will be easier for you anyway.

Be careful. Two pounds a week is the maximum you should attempt. Don't put a time limit on it.

Two pounds a week.
  • DawnB86
    DawnB86 Posts: 99 Member
    Drink lots of water and try and keep your sodium below 1500 mg/day. Also, make sure you are getting plenty of protein: this will help build muscle as you lose the fat.
    Good luck!
  • You have youth on your side. I think it will be easier for you anyway.

Be careful. Two pounds a week is the maximum you should attempt. Don't put a time limit on it.

Two pounds a week.

Haha thank you :)
    Ive heard its harder since im younger and not as big as her i will have to work harder then she will to lose it.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    You have youth on your side. I think it will be easier for you anyway.

Two pounds a week.

Ditto!

A slow steady loss will be easier to keep off than any form of a crash diet where a lot of weight is lost quickly.

Good luck to you and your Mom.
  • Drink lots of water and try and keep your sodium below 1500 mg/day. Also, make sure you are getting plenty of protein: this will help build muscle as you lose the fat.
    Good luck!
    Thank you so much :) i will try that !
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Hate to be repetitive.. but, I think the 50 pounds is waay too much. You want to learn how to change your lifestyle.. not necessarily a race to the finish. However, I do know that a challenge can be good. Ever think about changing the challenge to - whoever loses the highest % of weight by February? That way .. it puts things on a more even playing level.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Healthy Journey & Awesome that you and your mom are doing it!!
  • Hate to be repetitive.. but, I think the 50 pounds is waay too much. You want to learn how to change your lifestyle.. not necessarily a race to the finish. However, I do know that a challenge can be good. Ever think about changing the challenge to - whoever loses the highest % of weight by February? That way .. it puts things on a more even playing level.
    I didnt even think of that i will change it to that !:) Thanx for the idea
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!