A mini NSV for me :)

Options
Well I say mini, it's a huge breakthrough for me.
For the last few weeks I have really been suffering with my back, I slipped a disc in my lower back a year ago and it has been an up hill struggle to get active again.
Once I did feel better I stupidly went all guns blazing in the gym and have injured my back again :(

But the NSV is that in the past whenever I get a little bit down I immediately reach for the bottle of vino or a family size bar of chocolate and munch away, I just go crazy and stuff my face with everything that's bad for me.
BUT! I haven't done that this time! I've stayed on track and eaten within my calories or have exceeded where I would have when I was very active and I've accounted for it.

I can't believe that I haven't gone off the path, that I've made a decision not to emotionally eat, I feel stronger and I realise that eating the sadness away will eventually in the end make me more miserable.

I just felt so proud of myself that I wanted to share, thanks for reading :)

Replies

• SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Well done - a great NSV!!!

Hope your back gets better soon xx

Sue :smile: x
  • j17m6
    j17m6 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good for you!
  • merrick7871
    Options
    Good job!
  • chellesky
    Options
    Im proud of you too. I pulled a muscle on my back and the left side, all the way down my arm to the finger tips
    I wasnt able to do anything much for 8 weeks. The temptation to eat rubbish was so overwhelming some days
    I was so proud of myself too as I managed to maintain.

I hope your back is better soon. I go to physio for mines next week.
    Take care
    Chelle xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!