Friend requests

Options

Replies

• Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    I like to tell women that they have a perty mouth... if they accept I know we'll get along. Cuz I'm a creeper
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Well said.

Now let's see that hard work picture again. :tongue:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am guilty
  • flasportsfan
    flasportsfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Thanks for saying what a lot of us feel! Totally agree with this. It's called having proper manners!!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I require complete adoration and the occasional T&A pic.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I just kind of assume that there is something wrong with anyone who wants to be my friend in the first place.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Couldnt care less if they did or not. Very low down in my list of priorities in ife. Just hit the decline button.
  • SweetVaness
    SweetVaness Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    LOL OKAY I GET WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING, BUT IT IS OBVIOUS WE ARE ALL HERE TO MOTIVATE EACHOTHER. SOMETIMES I REQUEST PEOPLE WITHOUT A MESSAGE. i REALLY DIDN'T THINK PEOPLE WOULD MIND I WOULDNT SEE IT AS A TROPHY TO ADD, BUT AN INSPIRING MOTIVATIONAL PERSON THAT WILL ENCOURAGE ME TO MOVE FORWARD.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    It's a catch 22. I don't accept FR's from people without a message, but if they include a message and it comes across as creepy or I do a "background check" and people tell me not to accept, I'm all about the decline button.

You really can't win with me :noway:

We have a rigorous process, don't we?
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't care if there is a message or not... but if I am motivating and offering support to you and you aren't .. then I unfriend.. simple as that. Otherwise.. I'm good.. you all don't have to give me your life story or why you want to add me. :bigsmile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I just kind of assume that there is something wrong with anyone who wants to be my friend in the first place.
    Well, I think I've already established that there's something wrong with me. But it has nothing to do with you, dear.
  • SweetVaness
    SweetVaness Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    WELL SAID.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I got tired of being collected so I just stopped accepting FRs altogether.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I'm nice and accept all until I get the creepy messages or they don't interact.. I don't like having to go delete.. I need to apply this...

Oh and I dislike negativity.. I accept all posivity :)
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    It takes no effort to tell someone why you would like to friend them. it's polite. personally, i'll check out their flist to see if we have anyone in common. if not? decline. locked down account? decline.

and when i send a FR - when i'm not rambling insanely about water fowl as i'm wont to do - i make sure to add a warning. i like to let them know that i'm sarcastic and i curse and i'm a pagan. i get declined sometimes, but i know that my flist is rockin.

don't be impertinent.

im·per·ti·nent
       [im-pur-tn-uhnt] adjective
    intrusive or presumptuous, as persons or their actions; insolently rude; uncivil: a brash, impertinent youth.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Agreed, with one caveat. If you have an exchange with me in a thread, and you TELL me you are going to send me a FR, and you send it right then? Then, I'm just being pissy to expect a message in addition to that. Otherwise, ditto.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I got tired of being collected so I just stopped accepting FRs altogether.

Oh, damn, and my finger was hovering over the send a FR to button.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    I agree totally!!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    ok I know this will come across as witchy, tho I have another word in mind, but many people feel that when you send a request you should add a message.. I'm one them! Not only is it polite but I don't like feeling like I'm being added as a trophy on a collectors list when I post a progress picture.. I've busted my a s s to get where I am! I'm a supportive friend and I also like my list small! I feel I can be a more supportive friend that way! I also like to know my friends! So when your sending a request to someone, please take a moment to add a message! A hello, I saw you on so and so's list, I liked your comment of..anything works... It's being polite!

Thank you for letting me rant!
    Itchy? Sometimes we do have a scratch to itch, metaphorically speaking. I can understand where you are coming from. I get this rash sometimes after exercising and it itches like crazy.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Meh - I don't really care if there's a message. If someone gets creepy I'll delete them.
    Same thing on FB - deleting is easy.

This ^^

:drinker: