Hello

Options
Hi! I am not sure what to say here, so I guess I'll start at the beginning. My name is Amanda. I am from Nebraska and 25 years old. I work as a bank teller, a single Mommy, and a full-time college student. I love my life the way it is, but it is going to do some major changing soon. :smile:
I am getting married December 27, 2008. This is my main motivation for having to lose some weight. I don't want to be too chubby when I get married, and the thought of having to be in a bathing suit for my Honeymoon just scares the daylights out of me.
I would love to be able to find some time to work out in the morning, but because I have my daughter, there really isn't any time for me to do much of anything.
My daughter is 4-years old. She is the love of my life and a second motivation. I don't want to be so tired that I can't do anything with her in the afternoons when the weather turns nice.
My schooling keeps me at home and sedentary because I have to sit in front of the computer to complete all of my work. I am beginning to think that I am going to have to wake up in the morning to get my workout out of the way and then I think I might be able to get some studying done while I'm at it.
I know a lot of people tell me I have a lot of irons in the fire, but I know it will all work out fine in the end.
I think that is about all I can say about myself. :smile:

Replies

• reluctantdaughter
    Options
    Hi! I am not sure what to say here, so I guess I'll start at the beginning. My name is Amanda. I am from Nebraska and 25 years old. I work as a bank teller, a single Mommy, and a full-time college student. I love my life the way it is, but it is going to do some major changing soon. :smile:
    I am getting married December 27, 2008. This is my main motivation for having to lose some weight. I don't want to be too chubby when I get married, and the thought of having to be in a bathing suit for my Honeymoon just scares the daylights out of me.
    I would love to be able to find some time to work out in the morning, but because I have my daughter, there really isn't any time for me to do much of anything.
    My daughter is 4-years old. She is the love of my life and a second motivation. I don't want to be so tired that I can't do anything with her in the afternoons when the weather turns nice.
    My schooling keeps me at home and sedentary because I have to sit in front of the computer to complete all of my work. I am beginning to think that I am going to have to wake up in the morning to get my workout out of the way and then I think I might be able to get some studying done while I'm at it.
    I know a lot of people tell me I have a lot of irons in the fire, but I know it will all work out fine in the end.
    I think that is about all I can say about myself. :smile:
  • mildrede40
    Options
    WELCOME:drinker:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome we are glad to have you:flowerforyou:
  • Newmein08
    Options
    Good Luck!:smile:
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Welcome! This is the first step to achiving your goal. I recently got married, and the wedding was my motivation. There are lots of little things you can do that will help with the weight loss if you haven't been doing them already. drink 8 8oz cups of water a day, don't eat dinner past 8pm, and eat healthy! Finding time to do exercise is tough... but if you take a few minutes out of your day (even if it is at home) you will feel and see the difference. Good luck!
  • reluctantdaughter
    Options
    Thanks. The really funny thing is when I was really depressed, I used exercise to get myself out of it, so I lost fifteen pounds. I was drinking water every time I was thirsty and I limited myself to one pop and one chocolate a day. I have a chocolate addiction. I love to go walking but it is so cold outside that I really can't. And if I take my daughter, then she can't keep up. She is too young to stay at home by herself. I know I can do this, I just want to be able to take better care of myself and my little family I am going to have. I am always on the go and really don't have the time to cook at home. Plus, my work schedule usually doesn't let me anyway (I work from 9AM to 6:15PM). My daughter eats all of her meals at the daycare and when I get home, I don't want to cook just for one person, so I am usually eating something small.
    I don't think this should be about losing weight, but making a conscious effort to make our lives better so we are around to enjoy our lives later.
    The really cool thing is my fiance is completely supportive of what I am trying to do. :love: