Protein??

Options
2»

Replies

• kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    there's your problem. you're on the wrong end.

Best MFP response for the day

i concur.
    I concur as well. But mostly because you concurred for your own post.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the replies! :smile: All of your ideas are great, only thing is I live in The Netherlands and they don't sell those products here :frown: So I was thinking more along the lines of any natural subs, like someone said eggs, banana, yogurt etc. How much is enough after a hard workout?

I'd love to know of a egg shake/snack/protein packed bomb or whatnot that I could make for myself after lifting. :smile: I really want to bulk up, just not sure it will be possible without getting my post-workout protein. Now I just have a banana , just not sure that's enough?
    A banana is really not much protein. You'd be better off with lean chicken breast or something along those lines.
  • brandalini
    brandalini Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would try brotein™ it is delicious and loaded with vitamin S

Hhaha brotein, nice
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    My doctor preaches, and preaches about protien so I know alot on this subject. :)

It is way better to get most of your protien from whole foods and use the shakes as a last resort.

Good protien sources are eggs, lean red meat, chicken, fish, beans, fat free cheese. I pump 100% pure pasturized egg whites made by Egg White International (has a green lable with a buffed up chicken on it) and is a great way to up my protein count. I buy mine online so perhaps they can ship to your area? It is a great product, is a whole food, and has not taste or smell so you can sneak it into almost anything. I put it in my cereal, drinks, soups, and pasta.

If my numbers are low, I snack on the Ostrim brand jerkey (can buy at a health food/supplement store). I try to stay away from the bars because of the sugar content.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Folks,

Please bear a couple of things in mind:

This is not the chit-chat thread.

If a poster asks a serious question regarding nutrition:

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

Additionally,

4. No Profane, Vulgar, or Sexually Explicit Language

No explicit, sexual, insulting or vulgar content including expletives, or sexual innuendo, will be permitted. Publicly visible text on MyFitnessPal should be work-place friendly.

I don't want to be the fun police, but please respect the OP 's intent, and refrain from posting non-constructive commentary.

Thanks,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    maybe just a glass of 2% milk? or skim or 1% your choice. maybe even add a *little* bit of Ovaltine to it to make it chocolate. a good 11-14 grams of protein in an 8 oz of milk.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    maybe just a glass of 2% milk? or skim or 1% your choice. maybe even add a *little* bit of Ovaltine to it to make it chocolate. a good 11-14 grams of protein in an 8 oz of milk.

mmm usually a cup of milk will have 8g. It's ok, but it's not 14g, I wish :)

Have some chicken. 100g chicken breast = 31g protein, only 165 cals. 1 cup of diced chicken breast - 43g protein, only 231 cals :)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Steven. You missed one BROTEIN post.
  • determinedcrystal
    determinedcrystal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    MEAT!!