stress

Options
anybody have any stress relief ideas.. because i cannot cope with it at all .. i have so much going on in my life and not all of those things are positive ... please any one

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the negative ones?
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Moments of silence whenever possible. That is often what gets me through the worst of times. (Buy ear plugs if necessary. I did.) Other than that, deep breaths, hot baths with bubbles and candles, hot tea, a 10 minute walk, crying, stretching, exercise.
  • Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Exercise
  • jadebvb92
    Options
    honestly even if for an hour or so i get on the treadmill and when i focus on that i tend to feel a lot better afterwardss..especially if i take an mp3 player with me
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Excercise, loud music, cleaning the house and then a hot bath with a glass of wine :flowerforyou:
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I've found a scheduled walk, every day, no phone, no text, just you and your feet, helps a lot. 20-30 minutes has started to clear my mind.
    Highly recommended. But you have to make the time.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    If you have an ipad or ipod or iphone (I assume you do since you have this app), there are a ton of wonderful apps to help and they work. I know. I suffer awfully from stress. I find that fifteen minutes at least three times a week of slow breathing helps keep stress pretty much under control. There are a number of apps to guide you and many are free. In fact, the best ones are free. I've tried a number of them. So, that's pretty much what I do.

I also play solitaire on my ipad and that helps with stress. Of course, working out with weights or bands is a major help. At least for me.

Stress is an awful thing. I hope you find something that help you.
  • androidgal
    androidgal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Meditation works for me....and housework to ur fav dancy type music...if I play my fav hits from the 80s (avoiding any sad songs) I cant help but feel better....one of my favs is Mr Blue Sky by ELO....I really love that song...just see if you can dig out some songs from any time period that always had you jumping about...trust me...once you hear the beat it will help you by start tapping your feet...

exercise is good too...but it can take a huge amount of inner strength to get started thats why i prefer to dance to housework type jobs or just dance about....lol

failing that find someone you trust that can listen....cos sometimes just pouring your heart out and sharing with another relieves the stress a bit.....

Just got home from work about an hour ago and was feeling pretty much the same as you with yet more bad news at work today...

But logging on here has already made me feel better.....as its such a nice place to be....and all these other people on here trying to help support and motivate what in most cases is total strangers.....thats the beaty of the internet.....

if you feel like your life is rock bottom...& mine feels the same pretty much then for both of us..."the only way is up" :))) so hang on
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Try and sort out which of the stressy stuff you can change. If there's stuff you can fix, fix it. If there's stuff you can't change, try to relax over it. you can't change it then stressing will do no good, right?
    I'm sorry, that may seem trite but I'm one of the lucky ones who don't stress over stuff much.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    yoga, Bach Rescue Remedy, hope you feel better
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Remind yourself to *breathe*

Most of us are shallow breathers and even unconsciously hold our breath, especially under stress.

Peridically take a few deep breaths with slow exhales.

Hang in there! Things will get better.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the negative ones?

Not always so simple <sigh>

This is some of what works for me:

+ c25k (WITH indie tracks designed for it) helped me to relax. (Almost like mindless exercise.)

+ Meditiation

+ Journaling -- sometimes it helps to see what you are stressing about to put it in perspective

If you are able to delegate some of the things that make you stressed out, that may also help.