Sisterhood HCP Week 3

Options

Replies

• bigbird0930
    Options
    I am down another pound this week.

I am frustrated though. I did weight watchers 2 years ago and lost 60 pounds in 8 months without excerising. I have kept all but 10 pounds of that weight off for the last year but now am focused on inches and working out and calories and can't seem to make a dent in the remaining 50 plus pounds I have to go. Initially I lost substantial numbers for the first couple of months...why isn't that happeneing again? Especially when I am focused on exercise (which I have never done in my life).
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    Good Thursday Morning Sistas (& Mista if you're still lurking while you are waiting for your contest to kick in).

It is a BEEEEAUTIFUL day today and I am soooo happy because it's been way too cold to go outside lately and I need to get out and moving!

Had a piece of pizza for lunch yesterday and a couple of tacos last night. Was still in my calorie budget but still - not the best choices. It will be a better day today.

Congrats bigbird on another pound down. Don't stress about how fast the pounds are coming off - at least they are! Maybe you're body is just adjusting itself to the exercise since you say you're not used to it. Just keep it up and I'm sure your body will figure it out soon and the pounds (and inches) will drop. :flowerforyou:

Have a great day!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    I am down another pound this week.

I am frustrated though. I did weight watchers 2 years ago and lost 60 pounds in 8 months without excerising. I have kept all but 10 pounds of that weight off for the last year but now am focused on inches and working out and calories and can't seem to make a dent in the remaining 50 plus pounds I have to go. Initially I lost substantial numbers for the first couple of months...why isn't that happeneing again? Especially when I am focused on exercise (which I have never done in my life).
    I wish I had some great life experience to share with you that would help, but I don't. Sorry:frown: Maybe it is just your body adjusting? I've heard that it gets harder to lose as we get older? I dunno. Keep your chin up, I'm sure you'll break through this too (like you did those 60 pounds). Vent those frustrations all you need to here!:flowerforyou:
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    hello everyone :flowerforyou: i am at intership and have great news: someone at work said " can i tell you a secret?" and i said yes and she said you lost weight and i said you think? :blushing: and she said oh yes i can tell you look thinner :bigsmile: did you lose weight? and i told her 6 pounds in 3 weeks and she said it was really starting to show that she can tell and i look good :bigsmile:

oh man does that put a spring in my step today :drinker:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Yay, pepamint!!!! I'm so happy that you got some outside encouragement; sometimes that can make all the difference in the world!!! Keep it up, you're doing great!!!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    wahoo pepamint, sexy lady coming through!:bigsmile:
  • Phoenix69
    Phoenix69 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Pepamint83! That is a great feeling when others start to notice what you are doing.

Keep up the good work.
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    Well tomorrow is the day that I have my weigh in for my work contest. I have not worked out once this week. I really haven't watched what I have been eating. Just for kicks this morning I went to the scales before I went to work and guess what.....DOWN A POUND AND 1/2!! What the Crap. I have purposefully not exercised in hope of maybe sticking on a pound or two so that I could turn around and lose it real quick once my contest started. OH Well! So I Went to Wendy's after work today and got a good ol number 6 with fries and salt! I know that is counter productive but I'm just trying to pad my stats for my work thing! I guess it just goes to show...............

ONCE YOU GET THE METABOLISM TRAIN ROLLING THERE'S NO STOPS UNTIL YOU HIT THINVILLE!
    WHOO WHOO!!!
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    CONGRATS pepamint83!!! That's the best feeling when someone else notices. That happen to me the other day. one of my co-workers asked if i went and bought new clothes....i just smiled and said no, these just haven't seen the light of day in 2 years!
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    omg thank you all yeah its an amazing feeling and its great to get support from the outside but ih ave reallly come to love all of your support like i said before this is the first time i really feel like i can accomplish this. i dont want to dissappoint all of you and i dont want to dissapoint me especially since i have to enter everything in every day :laugh: but seriously thank you all i cant believe tues will be a month (wish i may wish i might get to ten pounds liost :smooched: ) but i must thank you all for being so great and i really hope i am doing the same for all of you.

tidwelljw thats an amazing feeling getting new clothes that u already own isnt it :wink:
  • MissResa
    Options
    Well tomorrow is the day that I have my weigh in for my work contest. I have not worked out once this week. I really haven't watched what I have been eating. Just for kicks this morning I went to the scales before I went to work and guess what.....DOWN A POUND AND 1/2!! What the Crap. I have purposefully not exercised in hope of maybe sticking on a pound or two so that I could turn around and lose it real quick once my contest started. OH Well! So I Went to Wendy's after work today and got a good ol number 6 with fries and salt! I know that is counter productive but I'm just trying to pad my stats for my work thing! I guess it just goes to show...............

ONCE YOU GET THE METABOLISM TRAIN ROLLING THERE'S NO STOPS UNTIL YOU HIT THINVILLE!
    WHOO WHOO!!!

Mister Sister- I started P90X at the beginning of this group... I have already lost 9 pounds, and can definitely see a difference in my legs. I'm lovin' the program, and I wanted to ask you if you were planning on continuing on with P90X once your contest started... Let me know, and we can keep each other accountable!!!:tongue:
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have been super busy this week. So I have not gotten much of a chance to post. I have been doing the 200 sit up challenge and the 100 push up challenge and the couch 2 5K program. I also have been able to use the gym daycare so I have been able to go down and use the weight machines this week. Well let me tell you, two months with out using the weights made me so sore. I am still feeling it in my inner thigh. I know that is a good feeling but geeze. I also got some new work out DVD's. I am going to try one after I eat lunch since the gym was closed today for a bazaar. I know it isn't weigh in day but I am down another 2 lbs! I love seeing the scale move. It is so rewarding. All that talk about biggest loser, I can not wait to see it. We will get the season in 3 weeks, I am so excited. I am a loser, I have actually sent my video into the Biggest Loser show several times. Anyway hope you all have a great Friday! Lets keep on the wagon all weekend long.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Good for you, Thompsons!!! I am so happy that you were able to use the gym daycare... It makes all the difference in the world to be able to weight train on top of cardio. I wanted to do the sit up and push up challenge, maybe I'll give it a try when my husband gets home. I really hope that I can stay on track once he gets here on Monday... Things are so much harder when he's around with temptations!!!
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Thompsons!!! I am so happy that you were able to use the gym daycare... It makes all the difference in the world to be able to weight train on top of cardio. I wanted to do the sit up and push up challenge, maybe I'll give it a try when my husband gets home. I really hope that I can stay on track once he gets here on Monday... Things are so much harder when he's around with temptations!!!
    Thanks! Yeah I always used to do a combo of both. Finding daycare on the otherhand is not so easy. They just put an hourly care daycare in one of the gym rooms for a few hours three days a week. It is nice to have them right in the same building. Yay! Monday is right around the corner. So what ever happened or didn't happen with that volcano? Yes I have a problem every time my husband is home. He brings chips or crakers or icecream to bed. It is so hard when he is laying right next to me to not eat them. The biggest problem is that it is so late though. I try and tell him not to eat that late but he never listens. He also doesn't understand cause he has never been fat that him bringing it around me makes it 10 times harder. Well have a great homecoming with your husband.
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    OH yea! I am most definatley going to be continuing on the P90X. I still believe that it is the best workout program for me. In fact I think it works so well that I had to make my self stop using for a week or so because I knew it would make me keep losing weight. I'm starting back on the second phase tomorrow. where are you at in the program?
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    I saw an infomercial on the p90x thing, and holy crap that looks like boot camp. I think I'm too much of a chicken liver to try it, if I wanted to do crap like that I'd ask my hubby for help. There's a reason why I was never tempted to join the military. I know it works, but I'll take my ipod work-out jams any day of the week. Good luck to you both, I know you'll do great.:wink:
  • MissResa
    Options
    I've been doing P90X for going on 11 days now... I get my butt kicked every time, but legs and back are the most brutal so far... Except for YogaX, which is just too long for my tastes. As for the boot camp aspect of it, I NEED someone to tell me to quit being a weenie and just DO IT; having some perky blonde on some video gently tell me that I can do it and that they "believe in me" just isn't enough... I have always worked out with the guys in the gyms on military bases, and it pushed me to work out harder. When I was in the best of shape, I would work out with 45 lbs plates on freeweight bench press, and incline leg press with 5 45 lbs plates on each side. my legs were so strong that I could out-lift some of the guys. I was a buff chicky and it was because I was forced into trying harder, new things. :tongue:
  • MissResa
    Options
    I almost forgot... The whole volcano thing is up in the air... It is so typical of the news channels in Alaska to blow things out of proportion... It is still steaming and there has been more siesmic activity, but I'm not going to concern myself with it other than buying dusk masks and an air filter for my truck. The general conclusion that the scientists have come up with is that the volcano is definitely going to blow soon, but (of course) there's no telling when. I'll keep you all posted as it changes.:tongue:
  • dsangel
    Options
    hello all!! I've been MIA this week, been busy busy. Haven't been doing my food and exercise log, shame on me. :mad: BUT I have been exercising. Have no idea if I've lost anything, afraid to check.

Congrats to everyone who had changes!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    I've been doing P90X for going on 11 days now... I get my butt kicked every time, but legs and back are the most brutal so far... Except for YogaX, which is just too long for my tastes. As for the boot camp aspect of it, I NEED someone to tell me to quit being a weenie and just DO IT; having some perky blonde on some video gently tell me that I can do it and that they "believe in me" just isn't enough... I have always worked out with the guys in the gyms on military bases, and it pushed me to work out harder. When I was in the best of shape, I would work out with 45 lbs plates on freeweight bench press, and incline leg press with 5 45 lbs plates on each side. my legs were so strong that I could out-lift some of the guys. I was a buff chicky and it was because I was forced into trying harder, new things. :tongue:
    So you're saying your name should be GI Jane instead of MissResa? :laugh: I don't like the perky blonde either I just wanna punch her in the face when she says -- just 8 more, you can do it:angry: . Usually I mute the TV and most the time end up doing either more reps or with weights. I agree with you on that one!