Is this weird???

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
Okay, so I have bought lots of different work out videos, I have the 30day shred, I have Jillian Michaels for the front and back, I have tae bo, walk away the pounds, dance moves etc.....but I always go back to...........don't laugh............I always go back to my Sweatin to the Oldies w/Richard Simmons. I just love them. I have 3 of his videos and I just have a much easier time doing those and plus there are other big people on the videos doing the workout too so when I start feeling like I need to slow down I just tell myself that if they can do it so can I. I just can't seem to get into any of the other videos that I have. So am I weird for this???? Do you think they will be as effective as the other ones? I bought these years ago and did lose weight with them back then. Maybe that's why I keep going back, because they are like an old pair of comfy shoes and I know they work?????

Opinions please.

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I have bought lots of different work out videos, I have the 30day shred, I have Jillian Michaels for the front and back, I have tae bo, walk away the pounds, dance moves etc.....but I always go back to...........don't laugh............I always go back to my Sweatin to the Oldies w/Richard Simmons. I just love them. I have 3 of his videos and I just have a much easier time doing those and plus there are other big people on the videos doing the workout too so when I start feeling like I need to slow down I just tell myself that if they can do it so can I. I just can't seem to get into any of the other videos that I have. So am I weird for this???? Do you think they will be as effective as the other ones? I bought these years ago and did lose weight with them back then. Maybe that's why I keep going back, because they are like an old pair of comfy shoes and I know they work?????

Opinions please.

Memaw
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    It isn't weird at all! People are creatures of habit. This worked for you before, you have a great time doing it and are genuinely happy with the results it gave you last time. Stick with what works and makes you happy. There may come a time, though, that you get bored AND your body will adapt to it causing a plateau so it's great that you have a variety of things to choose from when that happens.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    As long as it's working...... who cares!
    I play oldies songs on my mp3 sometimes and my husband always jokes that he's gonna get me those Richard Simmons videos.
    After a while you may need to rotate if your body starts to plateau or they just don't seem challenging enough anymore. But come back to them after a week or so and it'll burn again just like new.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Keep it up, if you enjoy it you won't hate exercising. Keep it up!
  • faylou
    faylou Posts: 89
    Options

Opinions please.

Memaw
    I have an old Cindy Crawford exercise video still on VHS that I just love its about 12 years old now but it has three different workouts that are great.
    Now if i could find it on DVd would be awesome so I dont have to work out in front of the kids play tv downstairs!!!
  • Maggie218
    Options
    Whatever works for you! You're not going to do an exercise you don't like, so if that curly-headed man in tiny shorts gets you going (or makes you laugh, which may be more likely) then right on!

Maggie

119640.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter