Best friend told me he likes me more than a friend!

Options

Replies

• millionsofpeaches
    Options
    All you can do is take a chance.
  • Mechel79
    Mechel79 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Same situation happened to me! I took the chance and we were married in Jan of this year. It's great- they know the "real" you and your "bad" side. Let's face it during the first few months of dating someone new, it's wasy to hold yourself together. You are already more or less aware of your relationship history and there is always something to talk about- nothing worse than a long car ride and you have to put the radio on because of the silence- with it being your best friend that's going to be rare! Good luck
  • Liluth
    Liluth Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    But im not physichally atracted to him that much.

Then you are just good friends. Have you ever heard of consumate love? It's a triangle. Good good friends involves intimacy (sharing thoughts) and commitment (loyalty) but no passion (sex!). You deserve to have all three :)

Triangular_Theory_of_Love.gif
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Physical attraction fades, but attraction to someone's heart and soul never goes away. If he's a good person, if he would do anything for you and if you can talk to him about anything - don't let that slip away. Years from now you'll be wishing for those exact qualities, especially when you see how hard they are to come by.

XOX
  • laurenmXD
    laurenmXD Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Then you are just good friends. Have you ever heard of consumate love? It's a triangle. Good good friends involves intimacy (sharing thoughts) and commitment (loyalty) but no passion (sex!). You deserve to have all three :)

Maybe you are right, and i love this traiangle hehe. But when i start thinking nothings guna happen i feel a little as if its wrong.
  • moniquelessard
    Options

I disagree, relationships can evolve and change. They can improve or become ruined forever. Life is not so black and white. IMO. xox
  • andreabball
    andreabball Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've been married to my best friend for almost 6 years. Give it a chance. You may surprise yourself. I wasn't so sure that my husband and I were meant to be together romantically, at first. But over time, our relationship has strengthened and I can't imagine a single day without him in my life as my partner. Do what feels right. Good luck!!
    -Andi
  • faithfulrose
    faithfulrose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I married my best friend...and he still is my best friend!

Looks are something to consider, but we aren't always going to look the way we do today. That goes for the good and the bad. If you base your decision on looks, eventually you will be disappointed. Besides, as people grow to love each other, they generally find the other person beautiful too.

My hubby is HOT and he has gained at least 30 pounds since we've been married. Honestly, he could lose about 50 pounds, but that doesn't change how I feel about him one little bit. Love is a decision and since I have decided to love him and he's my best friend, he's only grown better looking! :)
  • laurenmXD
    Options
    Is personality is amazing and thats the thing i like the most. This is why we came friends. He also says and treats me so nicely and thats what everyone wants in a person, isnt it?

Btw its so nice to hear peole happy, in love and married to there best friends xx
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Is personality is amazing and thats the thing i like the most. This is why we came friends. He also says and treats me so nicely and thats what everyone wants in a person, isnt it?

Btw its so nice to hear peole happy, in love and married to there best friends xx

You shouldn't marry any guy who isn't your best friend. Just saying. ;)
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I married my best friend almost ten years ago. We are still going strong! I say, give it a go!
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It's high risk/ high reward. If you can get past the attraction part it could be good. But if it doesn't work out you could lose your best friend. Whatever you decide hope it works out for the best.
  • laurenmXD
    Options
    Thankyou everyone. I think from what ive heard the best thing for me to do is just wait abit longer see how i feel proprrly before doing anything. Thankyou :) x
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have thought to ask this question. I've been going out with my best friend for 2 months now. At first, I was confused and thought it would be a bad idea, but I did it anyway. Now, I don't have any regrets. Do what you think is best for your individual situation. Good luck :D
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    He has been in love with you for a long time. But, you are involved to. Unless he is a psyco, he will love you for life. Your decision.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Do you want to do it to him? If you do... go for it. If you dont... DONT!

That's a good way of putting it!!! You need to be sexuallly attracted to him!!! Good luck!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I married an amazing friend that I wasn't physically attracted to. I'm now divorced. It IS important. A lack of physical attraction, chemistry & closeness is not simply "nice to have," it's necessary.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Do you want to do it to him? If you do... go for it. If you dont... DONT!

That's a good way of putting it!!! You need to be sexuallly attracted to him!!! Good luck!

^Yep. People can argue all they want that "Looks don't matter" but they do. I was in a relationship with a man I cared about very much, and he was a great friend and we became more...we were together for almost 4 years, but I wasn't physically attracted to him, and I didn't realize that until the end of the relationship. Same goes for the other way around, too--was in a relationship with a man I found very sexually appealing, but there was no substance, thus, no "real" relationship, no matter how much we labelled it so.

Is he on holiday right now, as we speak? As in...did he tell you this while he's away? Because if so, that's actually how my boyfriend and I started out. We were both "friends with benefits" for over a year, but had both gotten out of really bad relationships shortly before we met each other, so we were hesitant to enter an actual serious relationship. When I was on vacation out of state, he called me, and we ended up talking about it over the phone, and a relationship started right then and there, officially. :laugh: I'm also asking because...when people say things (especially of this nature), and we aren't there to physically see them say it and physically hear them, we react differently. You may not be physically attracted to him right now, but would you if you saw him saying it in person? Or maybe the opposite is true...it could be a complete turn off. Just my 2 cents. :flowerforyou:
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I married an amazing friend that I wasn't physically attracted to. I'm now divorced. It IS important. A lack of physical attraction, chemistry & closeness is not simply "nice to have," it's necessary.

This. Funny enough I am the last person to really align with the realism here when it comes to romance, but trust me. Make sure you're attracted to him and feel a desire for him.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    He probably thought of all the same things. Took alot for him to come to you and tell you how he felt, rather than let you get away!
    He thought it was worth it. You've got the right idea, take your time, figure out how you feel and go with it.