Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

Options
Haz89
Haz89 Posts: 55 Member
Hey everybody!
I'm fairly new to myfitnesspal and I love it. Everyone is so supportive. I started out dieting and lost 7 lbs but I am greedy for more results and started to exercise. I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and I'm wondering. For anyone who did or is doing the DVD workout I'm wondering, How long did it take before you guys saw a difference in your body with Jillian Michael s 30 Day shred? Any tips? Thank you guys.

Replies

• umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I just finished day one of the 30 day shred. Literally just now. I'm sitting here sweating like a pig hahaha xD ew.

You can go into the forums and a lot of people have before and afters of the 30 day shred. ^^
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I want to say within the first week I noticed my body changing. The best thing to do is take measurements and pictures because the scale may not move much BUT the results will be there in the measurements and mirror. :)
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I did it and I saw more results in the first 10 days than in the rest I think. I was hoping that level 3 would really astound me but it was in the first that I saw the best (4 inches off my waist alone!!!!!) I added in elliptical to get a better calorie burn. The shred takes off inches but doesn't take off as many pounds (the general consensus says that anyway!)
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I started Nov 1st. I am doing 10 days of each level, so tomorrow I will start level 2. I did my measurements today and I had lost 1" in my waist and 1" in my hips. I can already tell a difference in my jeans, and could for a few days now. I have only lost 1lb though. Keep in mind that all together, in the past 34 days, I have already lost 16 lbs (just lost 3 since I've joined MFP), so my weight loss is slowing down now..but I think a loss in inches is better than pounds anyways! Just keep going with it! Good luck
  • dlei456
    dlei456 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I felt a difference after a week or so. I could feel my biceps and shoulders getting stronger!!! Thanks for the inspiration! I am off to go do level 2 now!
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I did it and I saw more results in the first 10 days than in the rest I think. I was hoping that level 3 would really astound me but it was in the first that I saw the best (4 inches off my waist alone!!!!!) I added in elliptical to get a better calorie burn. The shred takes off inches but doesn't take off as many pounds (the general consensus says that anyway!)

DANG! 4", good job! I was happy with my 1" loss lol
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just got done doing day something-or-other of level 2 (I lost track) and I agree with carebear - I saw the biggest change while I was doing level 1. I have not lost much weight but I have lost inches. I wish I had done a before picture though. Good luck :)
  • Haz89
    Haz89 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the advice.I have been doing it for 8 days, I started on Nov 1st also but missed 2 days. I am trying to not miss anymore. I will most likely only do level 1 until i can do it without struggling. I will take my measurements and a before and after pic.
  • alilikesjuice
    Options
    My copy is coming in the mail tomorrow and I'm equally excited and scared, hehehe ;) add me if you would like a shred buddy!
  • Little_Ms_
    Options
    I've just completed Day 3. It's been humid here but I can't get over how much I sweat doing this DVD. It's great! My shoulders and arms are feeling stronger already. My legs were already strong from cycling but I do feel changes in my calves.

I'm looking forward to seeing those changes you've all noticed from 10 days of Level 1 :huh:
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I too have started 30DS this morning. I thought people on here were crazy when they were chatting it up about *how much* they lost when doing this DVD. Now I completely understand how it's possible to lose inches doing this! I've never been one for exercise videos because I'm 'cooridinationally' challenged-- meaning I get lost on the traditional aerobics videos, not knowing where to put my arms and legs and then I get frustrated and get nothing out of the so-called workout.

THIS video is awesome! This is seriously the first time I've done an exercise video and broke a major sweat! I tracked my calories burned on my heart rate monitor and burned 312 calories! Although, my heart rate was running pretty high most of the time so I see why everyone loses inches and not much weight. It's a shorter workout, that's more intense therefore, it doesn't give your body the chance to slowly burn the fat.

Anyway, so far I feel the video is a success and I too can't wait to see my results!

By the way, does anyone else combine this workout (30DS) with their normal workout. I typically walk an hour every day. I don't know if I should do the video in the morning and walk in the evening, is that too much in one day or does it sound doable?
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I do. I combine the 30ds with the biggest loser bootcamp. I'm on level 1 for both and when I finish I will move up to the next level although I thought with the 30ds I might do level 1 and 2 at the same time?
  • Little_Ms_
    Options
    Crystalhorn, yes I combine this with my normal exercise. Today I'm going for a bike ride for 90 mins, walking with a friend and doing the DVD.

I've done 3 days and this morning my shoulders and arms feel strong as most of my other exercise is just for legs - so this is great!
    Looking forward to noticing more changes too.

Make sure you drink enough water!!!! :wink: