Help please

Options
Hi everyone, I need help because I feel like I'm stuck. I'm seeing no progress. When I started I lost about 5lbs but I've already gained 3 back :-( I've changed my eating havbits, I stick to my calorie intake, I work out everyday doing the 30day shred plus I do the c25k every other day, but yet I'm still not seeing any results. So if anyone (whose lost a good amount of weight or steadily losing) I need some pointers cuz I'm looking for results. I have 46lbs to loose & I'm tryna do it by April-June somewhere in that time frame so I can look & feel good on vacation with my family. Seeing the scale rise lately has gotten me a bit upset because I'm trying so hard I've changed my eating habits completely for te better but still no progress. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading!!

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Open your food log.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i agree, looking at your food diary would be extremely helpful.
    also - how long ago did you start 30ds? when i got into the 2nd week my weight loss slowed and at the 3 week mark i had gained.. it can be water weight (muscles hold onto more water to help them repair). i upped my calories a bit and have been losing a little bit each day since then.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    #1 when was your last cheat meal/weekend?
    #2 HIIT! High intensity interval training! Cardio is key!
    #3 and I tell this to anyone whos tried and failed diets... your body loves fat. Its energy and it wants it around because you have been starving it off for a while now. Try upping your caloric intake to maint level for 2 weeks. Add in Natures harvest Fish, Flax, Borage pills 3x daily. I guarantee youll still loose fat and jumpstart your metabolism again.
    Friend me if you like and i'll help you every step of the way!
    stay beautiful and HUGS!
  • You should try switching to another type of exercise, you're body is used to what you are doing right now. Try a little strength training too.
  • jcpinzon
    Options
    Get a food diary and don't eat late. Have many small meals instead of 3 large ones. Stay as active as possible.
  • SlimBananas
    SlimBananas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same things almost everyday. I only drink water or zero calorie powerade when I work out, egg beaters or a type of whole grain cereal for breakfast, I eat pretty much whole grain everything lean meats, veggies, healthy choice dinners on nights I don't have time to cook, but I do have some type of sweets everyday I've been gradually cuting back on my snack intake it's not easy for me to do thing cold turkey. I don't eat my exercise calories back all the time (I don't know if this matters) I'm new to counting calories & im definitely new to working out lol especially running. & I started the 30ds on nov1. Starts at 163lbs but now up to 166 in a little over a week :-(.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    well its kinda hard to tell without looking at your diary, but im just going to guess that you arent eating enough. you should be eating your exercise calories. the gain can be explained by muscles holding on to water, but if you arent eating all of your calories that could be a factor as well
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    What are your specifics?
    What is your maint calories and your BMR?

A lot of ppl dont realize that dieting is a constantly changing way of life.
    Calorie cutting needs to be adjusted every few weeks.
    Routines need to change.
    For instance I'm on a gain.
    I eat 15% over my maint calories everyday.
    In 2 weeks I should be adjusting if i'm seeing gains.
    That door swings both ways.

also I hate to say it but Jcpinzon is incorrect on late meals.
    You must eat a small meal close to bedtime so you wont go into atrophy while you sleep.
    The name if the game is loose fat and build lean muscle right?