Hesitantly Introducing Myself

Options
2»

Replies

• eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hello stranger, I hope you find it as welcoming and encouraging as I did almost a month ago now.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    There are good and bad!
    Just weed them out!
    I'm one of the good ones... Of course that's what one of the bad ones would say too!
    Friend me if you DARE!
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was thinking almost the exact same thing before I joined MFP. In the week since I've joined, I've found that the people here are great, very supportive and just under half of them bite, but not too hard.
    So welcome aboard. It's great that you joined and feel free to friend me.
  • juleskay
    juleskay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Like! Good Luck!
  • jmica08
    jmica08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I just joined last week. I am definitely hoping to find some motivational people to help me stay on track of my goals. Of course, I'd return the favor! :)
  • sandypllm
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I have yet to jump into the online group support thing but I'm desperate so it's worth a try:) Today is my first day so here goes! Oh, my name is Sandy.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You are going to be just fine! Most everyone here has been great! Like another poster stated....What have you got to lose, except for weight?!?!

Best wishes to you on your journey!
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me, I won't bite :P
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the new people. I read thru the feed & am excited for you. I joined in January after alot of encouragement from my SIL. I've tried many other programs, diets & always fell short of success. MFP has proved to be different. We learn about each other everyday, struggles, victories, recipes, tips & MOST IMPORTANTLY SUPPORT. Commit & never give up. Realize that you'll have some bad days but you'll have some amazing days too. Living to be healthy is a forever lifestyle change.

Add me if you like - I have made some incredible supportive friends. I find myself on MFP before FB or email. YOU CAN DO THIS. MFP is a great tool.

Cat
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    You are so in the right place..without this support I couldn't have stuck at it day after day!! We are here to help..pat you on the back...congratulate the next lost pound..and lift you when the odd pound sneaks back!!! We ALL face the same problems..and really do encourage and offer..opinions and sometimes even good advice!! xx
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    I've been here on and off since August of 2007.

My take on this site is this:

1. It is the best site for tracking food and exercise (believe me, I've searched)
    2. If you plug into a group, some of them will become real life friends.
    3. Take all advice here with a grain of salt, and do lots of research.
    4. Don't let a few negative people ruin your experience. This is a great place for anything you need it to be. Just ignore them.

Good luck and Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    To be successful with MFP it also requires some dedication on your part-

1. Be accountable, log it even if it seems insignificant. It is a great tool for guilt but in a good way. You will find yourself simply not eating that other item when you look at your log and its already full of bad choices that day.
    2. Look at your diary frequently to see where your at and actually think about your choices for that day
    3. Be supportive of other people
    4. Support yourself, yeah you made some bad choices but your not going to fix a problem overnight that took years to develop.
    5. Be true to yourself, understand why you do what you do and try to fix your head before you fix your body. Otherwise you will be back here with regrets.
  • Malissas
    Malissas Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :)

I thought the same thing as you, only joined MFP last week.
    I dont know if you have a support network 'in real life' but MFP is the best support network you can get! It feels so good to have someone comment on how you are going, people are so encouraging! And in turn you can't resist commenting and encouraging others.
    Its also liberating to 'come out' of the weight closet and openly talk about weight and exercise (loves and hates).
    Also what the guy before me, xayekim. (If I knew how to quote I'd do that...)
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    welcome!!
    feel free to add me:)
    good luck
    you will love this site!
  • EIEIannone
    EIEIannone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would love to prove you wrong!!!! A request is coming your way!
  • sharifit53
    sharifit53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is that you pick a few of the people that have replied to this post... people that it seems you would like and trust... and keep your friends to a few for awhile. I had 6 people friended that were mostly similar to me and when I started adding more I began to feel a little insecure. Your "friends" will be your main support group.

You should only post on the message boards if you feel able to handle a variety of opinions, some which may vary greatly from yours.

Good luck and God bless
    Sharifit53

You can friend me if you like.