calorie counting watch

Options
I'm looking for one of those watches that counts calories. I want it to be based on my heart rate, not based on the number of steps I take.
I'd also like to keep it under $100. Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I got one from sports authority for ~$40-50.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are looking for a Heart Rate Monitor - one you can wear like a watch. Polar makes some decent ones as far as I can tell (via friends and those on this site). I think they range anywhere from $90-120+. There are other brands as well.

Good luck.:happy:
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have a "Sportline" heart rate monitor watch. Love it! I think it was like $70 or so.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is the most popular on here! Chest strap with watch, counts calories, nice and accurate, relatively cheap too!
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I got a polar ft 40 for 160 at sports chalet. There are less expensive ones and there's also amazon.
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I got one from walmart that counts based on heart rate. it was not bad price at all.
  • ncole3
    ncole3 Posts: 164
    Options
    I got mine from Walmart....there is a much better selection online than in the store though.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 is the most popular on here! Chest strap with watch, counts calories, nice and accurate, relatively cheap too!

I have Polar FT60, a bit more expensive, but the brand is pretty good!
  • Ambercita12
    Options
    Thanks for the info!!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitors aren't meant for daily calorie counting. They are only designed to correctly monitor calories when your heart rate is elevated to at least 125-130.

If want a daily calorie counter it won't be based on your heart rate, it will use any number of factors depending on which you choose.

BodyBuggs and BodyMedia Fits both are worn on the upper left arm and measure based on galvanic skin response, body heat, movement and skin temp.
    FitBits are worn on the waistband, in the pocket or on your bra and measure based mostly on motion (but the website will tell you more)
    Jawbone UPs are worn on the wrist and are fairly new to the market but also use movement similar to the Fitbit.

BBs are $200, BMFs are $130-$200 depending on where you buy them and if you buy on sale.
    FitBits and Jawbone UPs are each $100.