Eat lunch before or after walking?

Options
Hello all. I have jumped off the band wagon a while ago and am coming back on now. I have a question. A friend at work and I have decided to start walking everyday on our lunch break. We were wondering if it is better to walk before we eat lunch or to eat lunch and then walk. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I have jumped off the band wagon a while ago and am coming back on now. I have a question. A friend at work and I have decided to start walking everyday on our lunch break. We were wondering if it is better to walk before we eat lunch or to eat lunch and then walk. Any suggestions?
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I always do my jog before I eat.....kinda working up an appetite
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    mmm... great idea!

walking after you eat definitely aids digestion - and i would think it would help to burn the calories you just consumed...
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I prefer to walk or exercise before I eat too - because I'm often less hungry and eat less AFTER I've exercised!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have a very sensitive stomach and any food before working out = upset stomach. I definitely recommend that you eat after. The workout will make you hungry and then you will enjoy your meal even more.

Happy walking! :flowerforyou:
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Looks like a mix of thoughts. We decided to do a little test. Today we will eat first then wlak and see how we feel, tomorrow we will walk first then eat and see how we feel. Do a little experiment. Thank you all for your input!
  • beachlvr
    beachlvr Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you gals.....but by the time lunchtime is actually here.....I am starved! I usually eat a light lunch and then walk so I have the energy to keep up a good pace. I also make sure to drink a full glass of H2O before and after the walk. Good luck everyone! :glasses:
  • rosered51
    Options
    I have heard that eating first helps boost your motabolism so I eat at my desk about 30 minutes to 1 hour before I walk...everyone has a different opinion...find what works best for you and just keep doing it! Also, walking is a different monkey than a full on workout...so if I am doing something super intense I choose not to eat first...ah well...:noway: looks like I am of 2 minds all by myself:laugh:
    Good Luck, having that buddy at work sure does help! My buddy and I do the same (walk at lunch).