Snoring

Options
Just curious, I know they say overweight people are more likely to snore (at least that's what I was told by everyone growing up)

Has anyone who lost weight, stopped snoring?

I have my whole life and I just wonder if it changes at all..because it's something I'm very insecure about..or am I always gonna be a snorer lol

Random..just curious

Replies

• Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    My wife says I breathe easier at night but thats all she is willing to admit too
  • imjustcheryl
    imjustcheryl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You ever been tested for sleep apnea? I found out I had it, and being overweight isnt always the problem. I use to snore even as a teen and I was very fit back then. It later got so bad that I stopped breathing in my sleep, would freak out my boys and anyone that stayed over. Anyways I got tested and yes I have it, unfortunate I have to wear the "vadar mask" (me and my kids call it that cause when Im on it its like Im breathing like Darth Vadar.. just not as loud LOL) the rest of my life, but at least I dont snore anymore and I sleep through the night... mostly. Now I just wake from pain in my knee and back. thats another thing to deal with.
  • ccpace4
    ccpace4 Posts: 100
    Options
    Aw I haven't been tested..but I never have a problem with waking up because of it..so I guess I rather snore then a mask for now..just hoping that one day I won't be so loud lol
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    all i know is that my husband snores *less* when he is at a good/healthy weight for his height, doesn't drink, gets some exercise and wears....Breathe Right Strips. i know....not the most attractive, but they do help to some extent. if any of these above are out of whack, i have to use the earplugs. :grumble:
  • ce47862
    ce47862 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It is not about snoring ... If you do have sleep apnea it places huge stress on your heart ... You really might want to get it checked .... There can be many reasons for snoring from a slight deviation in your septum (Nose) .... To sinus issues Etc ...
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    when I used to fall asleep on my back, I'd wake myself up snoring, then turn on my side and stop. Now that I am not as heavy (and my neck isn't as fat), I haven't noticed myself snoring. This might be because I haven't been sleeping on my back though, so make of that what you will. (but I doubt I haven't once fallen asleep on my back for 8-ish weeks)
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Lost a lot of weight about 10 years ago. Snoring stopped, as did acid reflux. Looking forward to it happening again soon.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Sleeping on your side to help with the snoring can also put too much stress on your neck and shoulders.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    You ever been tested for sleep apnea? I found out I had it, and being overweight isnt always the problem. I use to snore even as a teen and I was very fit back then. It later got so bad that I stopped breathing in my sleep, would freak out my boys and anyone that stayed over. Anyways I got tested and yes I have it, unfortunate I have to wear the "vadar mask" (me and my kids call it that cause when Im on it its like Im breathing like Darth Vadar.. just not as loud LOL) the rest of my life, but at least I dont snore anymore and I sleep through the night... mostly. Now I just wake from pain in my knee and back. thats another thing to deal with.

Many people on here used to have sleep apnea and wore the mask. After they lost the weight, their sleep apnea went away.
This discussion has been closed.