Sometimes being lazy pays off

Options
Around here Denny's retsuarant is having a promotion today, a free grand slam breakfast between 6am and 2:30pm. My breakfast usually consists of fruit or cereal or granola bars and stuff at my desk, so when my brother suggested we go before work I figured why not.

I usually get up at 7 (and not happy about it at that ) so today I had to get up around 5:30 to go to breakfast. My boyfriend was going to go too but he ended up having to work (he does snow removal) and was still at work when I woke up. I called my brother, said my boyfriend was working and that I was too cold and sleepy to go. He didn't protest much and I got to snuggle back into my nice warm bed for another hour and a half.

My boyfriend drove by the restaurant on his way home and said the line was wrapped around the building. So I most likely would have gotten up early and not have much time to eat.....and I saved myself the calories of that big greasy breakfast. Yay for being lazy today! :drinker:

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Around here Denny's retsuarant is having a promotion today, a free grand slam breakfast between 6am and 2:30pm. My breakfast usually consists of fruit or cereal or granola bars and stuff at my desk, so when my brother suggested we go before work I figured why not.

I usually get up at 7 (and not happy about it at that ) so today I had to get up around 5:30 to go to breakfast. My boyfriend was going to go too but he ended up having to work (he does snow removal) and was still at work when I woke up. I called my brother, said my boyfriend was working and that I was too cold and sleepy to go. He didn't protest much and I got to snuggle back into my nice warm bed for another hour and a half.

My boyfriend drove by the restaurant on his way home and said the line was wrapped around the building. So I most likely would have gotten up early and not have much time to eat.....and I saved myself the calories of that big greasy breakfast. Yay for being lazy today! :drinker:
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    lol! yeah i saw the same commercial..........it looked so yummy.........so i ran to the kitchen and ate my oatmeal instead....anyways im not even sure if we have Dennys here anymore!
  • mandersen16
    Options
    Luckily the Denny's here is scary and we have 1, so I didn't think twice.

But yes, good for being lazy :wink: :laugh: :happy:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    We thought about it but we just had a similar fiasco with Taco Bell on Inauguration Day and we learned our lesson.
    Besides.....all that grease and syrup....mmmm....I mean boooo
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Have some fiber one pancakes with light syrup, a few slices of turkey bacon, and some egg beaters! When you have healthy versions of naughty foods you get to eat a ton and you feel so satisfied!

Good job holding out!!! :drinker:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Glad we don't have a Denny's within 75 miles :) GOOD FOR YOU!!!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good for you. My co worker called me so we can go head and do go but I said no thanks I just drink my water and imagine its hot fluffy pancakes :drinker: I was lazy too lol....
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Im too lazy to drive there for them ha-ha so I will stay at home and do my excercises and eat all the healthy food in the fridge.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    great job that is great, keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!