Super Easy Banana "Ice Cream"

Options
a_fill
a_fill Posts: 20 Member
All you need is
1 Frozen Banana (preferably not overripe)
1tbsp to 1/8 cup of water OR milk OR coffee
a sprinkle of connamon

and a blender

All you have to do, is cut up the frozen banana, add in whatever liquid you prefer (my favourite is a mixture of coffee and vanillia almond milk) and blenderize!
I always start by adding half of the liquid, then blending, then slowly adding more until its the consitency i want,
***Note! Don't add too much water/milk/coffee or else it will come out too liquidy, and not at all like ice cream.
Also, my blender doesnt have the best motor so sometimes it takes a while to blend all the banana- its basically like crushing ice so be patient! (you may have to shake the blender a couple of times)

Once blended, scoop into a bowl and sprinkle cinnamon on top to your liking.
It's absolutely delicious and a perfect dessert!

Let me know how it goes =]

Depending on the side of the banana this is usually under 150 cals

Replies

• Cbcarter08
    Cbcarter08 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • Nursdoc
    Options
    :blushing: All you need is
    1 Frozen Banana (preferably not overripe)
    1tbsp to 1/8 cup of water OR milk OR coffee
    a sprinkle of connamon

and a blender

All you have to do, is cut up the frozen banana, add in whatever liquid you prefer (my favourite is a mixture of coffee and vanillia almond milk) and blenderize!
    I always start by adding half of the liquid, then blending, then slowly adding more until its the consitency i want,
    ***Note! Don't add too much water/milk/coffee or else it will come out too liquidy, and not at all like ice cream.
    Also, my blender doesnt have the best motor so sometimes it takes a while to blend all the banana- its basically like crushing ice so be patient! (you may have to shake the blender a couple of times)

Once blended, scoop into a bowl and sprinkle cinnamon on top to your liking.
    It's absolutely delicious and a perfect dessert!

Let me know how it goes =]

Depending on the side of the banana this is usually under 150 cals
    [/quote]
  • Nursdoc
    Options
    Im gonna try this. Sounds yummy.
  • ladym04
    Options
    sounds great, cant wait to try it!!
  • Atleast40
    Atleast40 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My daughter made some banana ice cream like this a couple of weeks ago and I tried it ... yummy!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try it right now.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Oops I did it the wrong way, I blended my raw bananas with a little water and put it in the freezer. Oh well I guess I can take it out before it freezes to much. I'll let you guys know how it ends up. :noway:
  • zen_mama
    zen_mama Posts: 51
    Options
    I have made this many times and my family loves it! I cut the bananas into chunks before freezing them, freeze about 2 hours, then toss them in the food processor with a couple tablespoons of vanilla soymilk and a drizzle of blue agave syrup. Sometimes I top it off with a few shavings of dark chocolate. Such a tasty treat with lots of nutrients and NO guilt!
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I have made this many times and my family loves it! I cut the bananas into chunks before freezing them, freeze about 2 hours, then toss them in the food processor with a couple tablespoons of vanilla soymilk and a drizzle of blue agave syrup. Sometimes I top it off with a few shavings of dark chocolate. Such a tasty treat with lots of nutrients and NO guilt!

BUMP for later....YUMMO!
  • Baloo
    Baloo Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of chocolate shavings and maybe some walnuts . . . thanks for sharing!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    this sounds great thank you for posting