What were the first changes you noticed in the beginning of

Options
2»

Replies

• TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love this topic :)

The first thing I noticed was that I no longer work up with heartburn in the middle of the night! HAHA!! (simple things like that..I LOVE!)

Its easier to walk up and down the stairs..hell, who am I kidding...it's easier to walk ANYWHERE!

I have confindence now that I've never had before :)
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I can see muscle tone and I cook more on the healthy side, still working on that one. Lol
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ahh! this is SUCH a great post!!! ... I am ALL about the little things that you notice when you first lose weight .... Here are my favorites I've noticed about myself:

1) My legs are just overall toned now. My calves have definition and you can see the muscles .... I have ankle bones!!! .. And my knee caps stick out LOL .... I love to shave my legs now because I can feel the muscles and I have to be extra careful not to cut myself around them (before I could just swipe and know that I wasn;t going to catch the razor on anything haha)

2) My jawline. I, too, am self-conscious about the double chin ... and i love how a nicely defined jawline looks on a woman (very elegant, I think) . But also, my nose is starting to change ... I think it used to be that I always had fat in my face, so now that THAT is going down, my nose is becoming more streamlined ... my face doesnt look like a little kids anymore =)

3) My armpits. Ok, I know ... this is a weird one. I wasn't expecting this one ... but my shoulders/upper arms have always been MASSIVE... my upper arms still are ... but I noticed that my shoulders have gone down a considerable amount .... and underneath where my armpit is, I now have that "dip" inbetween my armpit and shoulder ... I dont know how else to explain it lol ... its definately weird... but idk i love it!
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    my class ring quit fitting, that was the first thing I noticed. When I got it I had a little bit of trouble getting it off, now it doesn't even fit on my ring finger so now I wear it on my pointer finger
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My appetite was the first thing to go. Super quickly. Then i lost addictive cravings to junk for the absolute most part. Finally, I had gained an enormous appetite for exercise and such. :)
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    No more insomnia and afternoon naps!
  • HeatherR930
    HeatherR930 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Mine are similar to some already posted!
    -loose rings
    -double chin shrinking
    -saving money from eating out once a week instead of 3-4 times, & it's cheaper to buy fewer processed foods, more fresh produce & no junk at the grocery!
    -lots more dishes to do from more cooking
    -able to walk up the ramp at the UofL football stadium to the seats in the sky (1/3 mile walk uphill) without getting winded AT ALL when I used to have to stop 3-4 times to take breaks & thought I was going to die! It's an awesome feeling to see proof of how much healthier I am becoming already!
    -looking forward to working out & going 4-5 times a week compared to 0 exercise before!
    -already feeling more confident, even though I have a long way to go! :)
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Less snoring, my wife really appreciates that.
    No more indigestion.
    Lot's more energy.
  • timingsands
    Options
    Great thread!!

Let's see...

-Shirts have gotten a bit looser, so has my jacket.
    -Back ache is mostly gone!
    -I can wrap my hand around my right wrist and the tips of my middle finger and thumb touch.
    -Favorite jeans fall off when I put my phone in my pocket! They're not my favorite jeans anymore...

And finally...

-I can scratch the middle of my back all by myself! Ahhhhh......
  • catrose66
    catrose66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No more chins. I'm beginning to see cheekbones. Can almost see collar bones. My knees and hips don't hurt anymore. My wedding ring is very loose. Earlier this year I had to wear it on a bracelet. I've lost three pants sizes. I'm in a 16W now. When my 10 year old gives me a hug she can grab her hands behind my back. A co-worker said I had skinny hands. Can't wait for the rest of me to catch up!
  • CassandraD82
    CassandraD82 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say the first "positive" changes that I noticed when the weight started coming off

1. I felt empowered. I can change my body.
    2. I woke up hungry and anticipating breakfast for the first time in my life!
  • kirstyjosephine
    Options
    The only real thing I've noticed (I'm 5'10" and four weeks in - results become apparent more slowly aside from the scale) is my appetite is goneskies. It's a relief - I was worried about starting and feeling hungry all the time. Now it's a struggle to eat enough on some days (compounded by exam and financial stress). :frown:

My husband says I look slightly different.
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    First thing was the lack of heartburn. There was a point where every time I went grocery shopping I had to buy a new pack of antacid tablets. I was going through them like sweeties!

Once I lost about half a stone my body sorted that all out for me and I haven't needed them since.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I could see my feet in the shower.

I no longer shop in the woman's section of the clothing store.

Tights are as comfortable as pants.

I only have one chin.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I am a apple (you know round in the middle) and since I started I have lost 6 inches around the middle in the last two weeks, also, water retention is waaaayyy down.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!