Fashion experts (advice on leggings)

Options
I know, I'm a little behind but I have never worn leggings. I'm going to a Reba concert tomorrow and I bought a new tan/light brown, long-sleeved a little above knee length dress that I think looks really cute with my brown cowboy boots. My question is...should I wear leggings?? If so, what color? I need fashioin advice!! :)

Here is a link to a dress similar to mine in color and style (mine is longer than that though!):

http://www.howtodressme.com/fall_clothes/autumn-clothes-2011-for-women.html

(It is the fourth one down)

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    If it is long then i wouldnt wear leggings :]
  • Alison__
    Alison__ Posts: 107
    Options
    I'd highly recommend black leggings, because colored leggings are usually harder to combine with. Also, I've heard that black makes you look skinnier which might explain why my entire wardrobe is black :laugh:
  • OSUloulou
    OSUloulou Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You don't need leggings. It depends on how "sexy" you want to look. If you opt for leggings, keep them the color of the boots or of the dress. You don't want another shade of brown around your knees to break up your lines.
  • MissDiscipline
    Options
    If it's warm and the dress is long enough, don't wear leggings. If you feel uncomfortable and want to cover up a bit I'd say go for a basic color like black. Since ur dress is beige and your boots are brown, I'd really just go with see-through stockings if it's a bit colder
  • foxylexx
    Options
    for anyone of those dresses on the page, no leggins. wouldn't go. a cute pair of lace or printed tights, yes
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    black or brown seems like a good choice.

I wear leggings and tights with dresses very frequently ^o^ i think if you want to be more "cute" and not sexy, go with the leggings.

If you want to be more sexy, go bare (or you could wear a pair of sheer tights) :)
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Well if your dress is longer than where your butt would show then don't wear any leggings IMO....I don't think they look that good unless it is more of a tunic dress - something where you wouldn't need leggings. But I would suggest white only because the dress is tan and the boots are brown...so anything else probably wouldn't match well? I would just wear some nylons if you want your legs covered.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    For the theme of the concert.. country type.. I would say try to find some skin tight jeans? Or Jean type leggings that disapear in your boots.. super skinny jeans would look great with that dress if it's shorter. If it's closer to your waist do that.. if it's closer to your knees try to find some leggings that end like mid calf as long as they don't disappear into your boots... and if they do disappear then just buy yourself some nice thick tights which would give you the same effect.

Also.. I agree with the white leggings choice.. it would match much better with brown.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should wear the leggings, especially if they're thick. If you want to wear something with the boots, go for those thin (nylon?) stockings (in nude or black!) and it would look great. That's a hot dress and you'll look hot in it, but I think the leggings would be too much. That's my non-professional advice lol. Have fun at the concert!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    why do you want to wear leggings??

the dress is hot and cowboy boots are smokin'! I say show your legs off.. the only reason why I'd wear leggings would be if it's freezing cold outside. I am a leg girl so my legs are always showing skin.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    no leggins. That is not a dress to wear leggings with. If you are not comfortable with the "nake" leg then wear leggings and another top, but not with that dress. that dress is to SEXY for leggings.

I'm sure you will look hot! Have fun!
  • fairygirl716
    Options
    for anyone of those dresses on the page, no leggins. wouldn't go. a cute pair of lace or printed tights, yes

This! ^^^

Being that it is a dress. Go with tights or nylons or nothing. If it were a different cut, and a "shirt" style...then I would go with leggings. Because it is a fitted dress for the most part, leggings would look "off". I say strap on some sexy heals and show your gorgeous legs!
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOO LEGGINS!!!!!! Find you a sexy nude stocking...... If you wear leggings it'll take away from the beauty of the dress and how goo you look in it..... Depending on how high the boots are they are gonna show off all the definition in your legs..... Unless you're cold natured don't wear them.... and if you do go with a dark neutral..or an orange......It'll still make the dress and your legs pop...
  • leannelately
    leannelately Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you're going to need something on your legs because it's cold, I agree with the poster who said do some sort of lacy/ patterned tights. Nothing too thick, though.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    No leggings with that dress. If you feel bare or you'll be cold, find a pair of tights in a color that either matches the dress or the boots.

And black, in itself, isn't slimming. Monochromatic and a good fit is slimming. Black leggings would visually chop your body into chunks.
  • Vaanja
    Vaanja Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If you weren't wearing cowboy boots, or were wearing an off-the-shoulder style, I would go with some awesome peacock blue tights (not leggings).

If it's very similar to the dress in the picture though, I'd simply recommend a waxjob and some hella moisutrizing, lightly shimmery lotion.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Looking at your picture...you have really nice long legs. Do NOT wear leggings!

D
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies and advice everyone!! I should have mentioned that the dress in the picture is a little more sexy and more dressy than mine..mine is more of a t-shirt material and a little more casual if that makes any sense. Like it's the type of dress that you could either dress up or dress down. At any rate..I've decided to go shopping and look for nylons that I think might work. One of the most common responses was to make sure they weren't too thick and from what I understand, leggings are thick. If I find some I like, then I at least I can try them on with the dress and I will have the option to wear them if I so decide, but it sounds like you all thought not wearing anything under would be appropriate. I really appreciate all the responses!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of leggings with dresses. It's an out of date look.