Worried about the weekend. . .

Options
This was my first full week of tracking my food and exercising regularly and I did awesome. I'm very happy with where I'm at right now, but I'm worried cause now it's the weekend. It's easy during the week because I'm super active at work and hit the gym right after. I only eat the meals I've planned and have with me. Any advice on how to stay on track over the weekend?

Replies

• rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I also have a lot of trouble on the weekends, mostly because Sat and Sun aren't as structured as the rest of week. Why not try hitting the gym as soon as you wake up, that way you get your exercise out of the way. Also, try to preplan your meals, just like during the week. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    dont overthink it...you know what to do - just do it. if you stray, so be it but MARK IT DOWN and move on. dont let guilt be your guide to continue straying...and make sure you dont use the weekend as an excuse to not go to the gym...

but then again, what do *i* know since ive been losing and gaining the same 2 lbs for months now ... *sigh*

youve got this!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I have no problems over the weekend. I work weekends so it's just another day for me. Monday and Tuesday is my weekend off work. I do a Zumba class on Mondays and Weights/Swimming Tuesdays. I ease a bit on the calories those days. I still stay at maintaince. I rarely go over.

my advice. stay active. whether it's the gym or just going outside, stay active.
  • mommiex6
    Options
    I just posted this morning how I hate the weekends. I feel like i always want to eat. I am going ot try to pack my food for the day in advance. Hope it helps good luck.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Plan your days when you get up or even the night before and if you stray don't beat yourself up, just get back on track right away. If you have a party to go to or just going out plan for that too. It took me probably 6 months to figure out how to get through weekends without too much damage. Just stay conscious of the fact this is your weak time and work on it. Good luck
  • CatDorrell
    Options
    We tend to over indulge on the weekends its best to try to keep yourself as busy as possible to keep it similar to your week. Take the dogs for a long walk at the park, or stay longer at the gym (normal workout then go to a yoga class) clean the house with music so youll feel a little dancey while your cleaning. Try not to go somewhere and sit and hang out until youve got your calories earned to sit down with that drink and yummy food. The point is you dont have to say no, just know how much is enough and how much you earned. you wont feel so guilty if you worked a little harder bc itll be like a reward LOL As far as food your gonna just have to make sure you stay strong, measure or research before you put it in your face and if you know your gonna eat out research before you go and stick to what fits for the day and 99% of the time you should get atleast 2 meals out of it so if you think your gonna keep picking ask them to bring a box when they bring the plate and box half right away or share with someone....and some places now offer smaller portions, and you can never go wrong with salad with vinegrette and dont eat the chips or bread bc theyre evil ha! do the same if you eat at a friends house, find out what theyre having and research then measure out your plate and use a smaller plate and def no seconds. Stay strong, you have a goal and you will do it,...and stop smoking! it kinda defeats the purpose of being healthy :) Love you!
  • queenkb
    Options
    OMG.. all these post were right on the $$. I just recently suffered from the same SAT/SUN Scare Syndrome. It feels as bad as a diesase for me! Anyway, I failed because I stayed busy and snacked instead of eating meals. So what I will try this time is #1 pack my snacks (100 cal). I'm a snacker. #2 enter everything I eat immediately in MFP. Remember how good it feels to see the scale move in your favor. Remember you have a support system here! Remember YOU CAN DO IT! You will feel soo good getting over the SSS syndrome! Good Luck! I'm cheering for you!
  • rlhunsucker
    rlhunsucker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All of this is so helpful, I'm feeling a little better. I am in control of the decisions that I make. I will be prepared by planning my meals in advance and entering them into mfp beforehand (that works the best for me). I'm luck cause my husband is always wanting to take the dogs to the park on the weekend, so I'll try to stay out a big longer. I'm gonna try to cut back on my weekend drinks by entering what i plan on having before i consume them. Thanks everyone! Cathy, if I start freaking out I'm calling you!
  • stacynharmony
    stacynharmony Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    also we have to watch our empty calories on those beers and wine we love to much :) i can totally make my yummy low cal drink i made last weekend :) and if you want to hit up a zumba class or go for a walk you can always call me and ill be there ;) you'll be fine girl!
  • CatDorrell
    Options
    You can always call me. Soon this will all become a habit, its gonna be so easy and you'll be doing it without even thinking about it and that's when it turns from what we call a "diet" into a "life-style"...yeah i just said it... Im lame so what. :) One more thing!!! If you are going to have cocktails or wine, not bottled beer make sure you measure. A "glass" of wine my way would be filled to the rim but it's technically only about 4oz. It can hurt you without you knowing if you are free hand pouring and your actually drinking 200calories of wine and not 100, same with liquor.