Laying in bed last night...

Options
jennajosephine
jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
and I remembered that I didn't log something I ate. I tried to forget about it and just close my eyes, but it kept nagging at my brain!

So I had to get up, get out of bed, turn on the comp and log the extra food.

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I keep a little notebook and pen in my bedside stand for the "lying-in-bed-oh-crap-gotta-do" moments. I can scribble in the dark and then go back to sleep knowing I have recorded it to do in the morning!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Sure it happened to a few people and some get obsessed about it, I like to log all my food and exercises in a excel spreadsheet and then go nuts drawing up statistics.
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Um, yes. I went over my calories last night and was like, no I'm cranky I'm not recording it. After huffing around in bed rolling over 20 times, had to grab my phone and enter it, no matter how ugly or I wasn't sleeping.

Sometimes feels like an obsession.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Um, yes. I went over my calories last night and was like, no I'm cranky I'm not recording it. After huffing around in bed rolling over 20 times, had to grab my phone and enter it, no matter how ugly or I wasn't sleeping.

Same here! I have my diary on public though and I'm so worried about invalidating all of the "well done" comments from my friends. Lol.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    It does but my droid is right above my head charging so I jump on my MFP app and log it quickly that way.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    It bothers me but I make sure I log this as soon as we get up in the morning.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sure it happened to a few people and some get obsessed about it, I like to log all my food and exercises in a excel spreadsheet and then go nuts drawing up statistics.

I thought I was the only crazy who did this... amazing how many different ways you can dissect it with data...
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I might grab my phone and log it in. But if I didn't have that option, I don't think I'd get out of bed. I'm pretty good at remembering that stuff the next day. And I do have pen and paper beside my bed, although I'm not sure I could read what I wrote the next day.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, but now I know I can just add it the next day.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    If you don't log it, it gets stored as fat
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Eh, not really... I know I can log it in the morning and it's not like I will forget about it the next day:) But it's good that you are motivated to that extent. Keep up the good work:)
  • happy_travels
    happy_travels Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Same here! I have my diary on public though and I'm so worried about invalidating all of the "well done" comments from my friends. Lol.

This! And also, if my menu looks great day by day but my weight stays the same people will wonder :) Most importantly it helps me keep track of my cravings cycle. Like how it is in association with my menses, ect...