Bday lunch

Options
Okay, so I'm going to Mongolian Bbq for my birthday lunch with my office. I picked this because I can control more of what I'm eating. Here's the question, though...how on EARTH do I figure out the calories that I eat short of bringing my food scale with me and telling the guy on the bbq not to use any oil?! Has anyone else tackled this before?

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm going to Mongolian Bbq for my birthday lunch with my office. I picked this because I can control more of what I'm eating. Here's the question, though...how on EARTH do I figure out the calories that I eat short of bringing my food scale with me and telling the guy on the bbq not to use any oil?! Has anyone else tackled this before?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Go eat lunch.
    Enjoy it.
    Have the oil.
    One day won't make or break you. :wink:
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey, its your birthday, so eat whatever you want and dont worry about calories just for today!
    Happy Birthday!!!
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I agree w/ the other ladies don't worry too much about trying to decipher the calories, just have what you what (in moderation) and excersize and continue the rest of your day like normal. One day isn't going to throw things off for you. Its your birthday enjoy it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY:flowerforyou:
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! I agree with everyone else...enjoy your birthday(you earned Birthday calories)
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

Eat whatever you want, its your birthday! One day won't mess up your progress.
  • kristie874
    Options
    LOL Well, I ate what I wanted but tried to choose wisely. Lots of veggies! Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

If you are really worried about the total. Guess-timate and write it down on a post it. At least you can TRY to come close when you log it all in.
  • kristie874
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

If you are really worried about the total. Guess-timate and write it down on a post it. At least you can TRY to come close when you log it all in.

I am trying to be good! :smile: I actually got out of bed and worked out this morning (my boyfriend was SHOCKED that someone would work out on their BIRTHDAY! LOL), ate my healthy breakfast and morning snack, and tried to be good but ate a huge plate of food. It was mostly veggies. I entered it as 800 calories and I'm showing that I have 490 calories left. That's plenty for dinner! I'll be full for the rest of the afternoon so I won't need snacks. Hopefully I am close enough to the calorie intake guess (or even over!). I'll make sure I'm extra good tomorrow, too. I was bummed to get on the scale this morning after a 2.5 week strike and only see 2 lbs gone. :ohwell: I'll try again in one week then again in a month, just before my birthday Vegas trip! I'll keep my fingers crossed for at least 5 pounds in 6 weeks. That should be doable. I'm rambling...sorry...

Thanks, everyone for the birthday wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    Yum!! This is funny you mentioned this place, cause I was just telling my family this is where I wanted to go for my birthday as well. But my birthday is not until August!!:drinker:

Hope your day was nice!!

109912.png