Needing advice

Options
So I'm going to a good friends birthday lunch at http://www.mcnelliesokc.com/site/sections/10.

There is no nutrition information to be found for their menu items. I'd like to have a good game plan going in. Going out with people that are not watching what they eat is a HUGE challenge for me. How do you all make selections when there isn't any nutrition info for the restaurant?

Replies

• sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I start with entries that I know are the healthiest and work from there.. chicken, seafood... grilled no sauces, veggies...
  • wgrape
    wgrape Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken, veggies and a "light drink" ( I always go with unsweetened iced tea, but some drink diet soda). These are usually the lowest. Chili is usually a great idea as it is typically low in most everything but sodium.

Good luck and try to enjoy yourself a little!
  • amberlycolina
    amberlycolina Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work in a restaurant, and we do not have calorie counts on our menu. I help customers on diets (because it's how I eat myself) by telling them to get things they know they can count. Grilled chicken, salads, soups (broth based not cream), veggies. There was also a turkey sandwich on wheat on that menu, you can modify to be healthier. Also, you can ask for your chicken/veg to be cooked without butter. This will lower your intake. Anymore questions let me know!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    8 oz salmon, seasonal veggies looks good. Should be easy to get a good estimate of the cals
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'd get the grilled salmon with a side of seasonal veggies - yum!