What Keeps You Motivated to eat right and work out?

Options
WHAT DO YOU DO TO KEEP MOTIVATED TO EAT RIGHT AND EXERCISE?

Results is whats been keeping me going. And seeing my health improve so greatly. I want a life style change and thats what i got and im loving it. And im excited to live a longer life. I still have so much to lose but im very motivated to keep going.

TELL ME ABOUT YOU!!!

smalle.png

Replies

• cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    My Ego.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    My "before" and "after" pictures keep me motivated. I was always overweight and this is the first time in my life I've been considered "skinny" by anyone, so I kind of like it!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I gave away all my fat clothes. It's at the very very least, stay in these, or I'd have to buy bigger pants. That is NOT happening. Smaller pants accepted... bigger pants - No way!!!!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I've never been this healthy my entire life. I also like the compliments I get now. I'm finally looking great and feel great... and thats enough motivation for me.

Oh and to prove to all the haters that I really do have what it takes.
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My son keeps me motivated. I am 47 and he is 5. I need to be healthy for myself and for him *double motivation*
  • Alaiya
    Alaiya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My children and my before picture on my phone's wallpaper!!!
  • igora_soma
    Options
    I want those before and after pictures and I feel like I keep getting more beautiful the skinnier I get :)
  • susanofscottsdale
    Options
    I have enjoyed different motivations at different times. I think that it depends on what is going on in my life, head and heart at the time. Motivation has come from results - looking a feeling better, the impact on others (it is nice to be seen as attractive), and right now, it feels good to be in control of something.

I have realized that it was a combination of envionmental, physical and emotional factors that combined for me to gain weight, and again for me to be able to lose weight. I am hoping that the sense of control that is coming to me from dieting and exercising this time will be something that I carry with me for the rest of my life.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    What keeps me going is how much better I feel now. Regular exercise and a serious reduction in the amount of sugary crap eaten make a huge difference in my mood day to day and help keep the depression at bay.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Myself--to be healthy, happy, confident---to make the outside reflect the person that I am on the inside. To not be judged by what I look like and have my weight hold me back from living a happy life. I'm worth it.
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    totally the results, i keep being surprised when i walk by a mirror. i feel younger! also sometimes at the gym i ask someone to pile into my arms the 28 pounds i have lost so far with hand weights and i could hardly hold them all! it really sinks in how much one carrys around.
  • thinkingthingirl
    thinkingthingirl Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That i dont want to die fat...how will they lift my coffin?
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    My "before" and "after" pictures keep me motivated. I was always overweight and this is the first time in my life I've been considered "skinny" by anyone, so I kind of like it!

^^^^THIS^^^^
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I keep a photo of myself on my fridge. The photo shows me when I was at what I consider the perfect size and I was in designer jeans that really looked great. Now, I know I'll likely not ever get back to that again. But it keeps me trying. Basically, what motivates me is my health. I want to feel good. It's more about how I feel and not how I look.
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I think of the pics posted on FB for everyone to see, embarassing. I can now tuck in my shirt and not have a muffin top. I look at commercials for restaurants and think, how many calories would be in that...how much salt etc and am turned off by them now when before I wanted to go try them all. I want to look and feel better
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Being healthy - I don't want to get high blood pressure and diabetes like my parents.
  • amymaria91
    Options
    I think I have just accepted that this is my life now. I watch what I eat and I exercise as much as possible.

It always makes me giddy when I see the figure on the scales go down so I suppose the will help me subconciously. I also love it when old clothes fit again.

There are a lot of things that keep me going but I think it is mainly accepting that this is my lifestyle for the rest of my life.
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    What keeps me motivated is that every tuesday morning, I post a picture to facebook of the scale with my weight on it....it was hahrd at first because I was embarrassed, but i got past that, and I feel better each week when the next photo is lower!!!! AND OTHER PEOPLE seeing it, makes you want to drop that number, who wants to let everyone see you fail
  • Bigwrick
    Options
    My beautiful wife, results, and the desire to continue doing the things / activities that I enjoy. Oh, and of course it feels good too.
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Results!!! Whether someday it is seeing less pounds on the scale or a feeling of being strong and fit because I ate right and exercised...those results keep me going!