How would you log this....

Options
I have a desk job M-F, however 3-4 nights a week I cocktail waitress or bartned for 3 1/2-5 hours. I don't really know how to log this, I current have my setting listed as sedentary since I do sit down all day at my regular job. Sometimes it is slow when I waitress or sometimes its really busy. How would you log this? This past week I have only been adding walking at a slow pace and just adding say 120 minutes or 180 depending on how long my shift is that night... Yikes...it can get so confusing! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think it's always better to underestimate when it comes to exercise. I would log the same way if I were you.
  • MelanieL1984
    Options
    I would get a pedometer and where it at work when you are bartending or waitressing and log it that way
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    waitressing is in the system for cardio - I log 2 hours 320 cals ( 160 an hour ) becasue I dont want to give myself tooo much credit for it
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I agree with Melanie, get a pedometer, you would be surprised how many steps you take a day.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I personally wouldn't log it. I would count it as a bonus :]
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Do a comparison. Set your activity level to sedentary and see how many calories MFP suggests. Then change your activity level to light active (bartending/waitress) and see how many calories MFP suggests. Customize your calories to number somewhere in between, like the average of the two.

Edit: Then don't log any exercise for your part-time job, just log dedicated exercise.

To customize your goals go to My Home>>Goals>>Change Goals>>Custom. Overtype the number of calories and adjust anything else you like. Save your changes.

I recommend increasing your protein to 20-30% of total calories. MFP's default is way too low and it's geared toward totally sedentary lifestyles. Increase your fiber to at least 25g, lower your sodium to 1800-2100mg.