Asthma NSV!!

Options
From age 19 until 24, I was a regular at a local line dancing night. Every week I went with my friends and we knew all of the dance, including very advanced ones with spin jumps and crazy foot work. There were some advanced dances that were long in length and back then, with untreated asthma and really only doing light cardio and weights at the time, I would be dying for a breath during and after the dances. Sometimes I would have to stop doing them! So fast forward to yesterday night. I went back for the first time in two years, now 26, and we had a big old reunion :-) I did all the same long dances and here is a list of my NSVs that came from just this night!!

1) Now that I am treated for asthma and have become a distance runner, those long dances were nothing to me. Sure I broke a sweat but I could breath perfectly fine and had no issues!!
2) My spin jumps were higher than ever before and easier to do :-)
3) Watermelon crawl - you drop to your knees and lay all the way back with your legs in a W...this is not an easy thing and even back then as a cheerleader my back would hurt. Yesterday...not at all!! It was super easy to do!
4) My legs were not sore in the least bit from any dances! I used to be sore in my shins, not anymore!!
5) I got compliments from my friends I haven't seen in awhile on how great I look. They all told me I was never huge, but now I look so toned and healthy!

So that's my list. The number one for me was the asthma thing. It really is a testament to how far I have come with endurance and distance running!!

Replies

• snapcult
    Options
    Yeah the more in shape you are the less you will need your emergency inhaler. When I was doing a lot fo Kung-Fu I rarely used mine.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I've had asthama my entire life. Best medicine I have found? Distance running!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!