Balance Ball Exercises?

Options
I really want to get a balance ball/stability ball/exercise ball/yoga ball/whatever heck else you call it! Haha, but I'm not too sure what exercises people use them for other then crunches.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• NyGxo10
    Options
    I love doing push ups, bridges, and chest flys on them! One of my other favorites is putting it behind my back against a wall and squatting down, sort of like a modified wall sit.
  • melianne125
    melianne125 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    crunches, full range "swimming" sit ups, wall sits, wall calf raises, pushups, hip & glute exercises. Exercise balls are great! I love mine :bigsmile:
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Bosu balls are great for balance if you flip the flat part up and stand on it do squats. Add weights if you like. Or flip it over and put the ball by your lower back and do crunches with extended legs.
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am sure you can find many exercise videos on YouTube for the stability ball. You can do a lot with this piece of equipment and it is good for your core.
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Haha, I've got one. I randomly find good exercises to try out, but by the time I want to get started, I forget what exercise it was. :ohwell: But I have used it for chest flies and for squats against the wall, which is a bit easier for me since I can never keep my balance with squats!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Check out this video for the BEST swiss ball exercise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6q7k_D6DGQ&list=PL4CE51ED9E54AA7C3&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Also, I purchased my ball from Amazon.com and it came with an exercise DVD. I bought "The Firm" exercise ball, but there are others that come with a DVD too.

It will take practice, practice, practice. Stick with it and you will see results!
  • NyGxo10
    Options
    Bosu balls are great for balance if you flip the flat part up and stand on it do squats. Add weights if you like. Or flip it over and put the ball by your lower back and do crunches with extended legs.

I prefer bosu balls, but they are very expensive! if you have access to them at the gym, use them often! they got my butt (my actual butt) into incredible shape.