Calorie Count or Stricter Diet?

Options
I am doing pretty well with calorie counting and exercising (with the exception of the past week and a half). I am going to be in my friends wedding in July and definitely want to be closer to my goal weight by then. I was just curious to hear what everyone has to say about it. Do you think calorie counting is good enough or is a more regimented diet better?
Thanks!

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you eat.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    A rigid diet plan only works if you can stick with it for the rest of your life. Consider a flexible eating plan that includes the foods you enjoy, while making sure you are meeting your NET calorie goals and macro-nutrients.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I think you have to do both. I mean you can eat ding dongs and ho hos and still be under your calories... but that's not doing your body any good nutrition-wise. I think eating a balanced meal is just as important as counting calories. And even if you go over your calories a bit with something healthy (like say an extra serving of strawberries or something)... I've NEVER heard of somebody getting fat from eating too many fruits or veggies! LOL
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I've NEVER heard of somebody getting fat from eating too many fruits or veggies! LOL

^^Entirely possible if you go over your maintenance. Healthy eating =\= weight loss if you eating more than you take in.
  • joshandstacy
    joshandstacy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!