HCG Diet

Has anybody tried this??? I got some drops when there was a groupon out for them but idk.... If you have tried this let me know how it worked, IF it worked and of any side effects that you had

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    See #3: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

To answer your question, they don't work.

http://www.dietscam.org/reports/hcg.shtml
    http://www.ajcn.org/content/29/9/940.full.pdf

Don't waste your money. Instead, do what the rest of us do and watch your calorie intake and exercise.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I would recommend two things, aside from don't do it.

1) Do a search for HCG and watch several threads come up.
    2) Delete this thread after you've read this reply, as a shytstorm will ensue shortly.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    500 calories a day. For at least a month. That's one McRib a day.........................
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    I am currently taking the drops, though i have not decreased my cal intake to 500 cals. There is no way i could do it. Though i have been able to take out my two snacks so far this week each day which has helped. I have noticed the drops helped decrease my hunger to a point. But i have only been doing it a week. I wanted something to help with my hunger that is why im trying it, but i am not going full force with the diet.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    500 calories a day. For at least a month. That's one McRib a day.........................

Mmm, McRib!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    You're going to get a lot of rude people replying to this and then also some crazy people who don't have any common sense. If I were you I'd use the search function, there's a huge amount of threads about this on the boards.

I researched it and decided against it. Here's why.

1) It's a starvation diet. You live on 500 cals a day. That's starvation and it slows your metabolism if you do it for an extended period of time.
    2) Unless you've got the actual hormone drops it's basically nothing but vitamin water and has NONE of the positive effects that HGC is supposed to have.
    3) EVEN THE GUY WHO INVENTED THIS DIET SAYS IT IS THE CALORIE DROP THAT CAUSES YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT NOT THE DROPS THEMSELVES (It's all there in 'Pounds & Inches')
    4) Most people on HCG deny the above fact which makes me super suspicious of it.
    5) There are some nasty side effects, hair loss, no energy etc.

My advice is to NEVER do this unless you are doing it under a Doctor's recommendation and personally I'd want another doctor if I got told to do this.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Do you think you can actually ONLY eat 500 calories per day? I would be constantly angry and feeling deprived.
  • I have a lot of friends who are on it and who have completed the diet with a lot of "success."
    They have dropped between 40 and 70 pounds in an extremely fast matter of time.

I will not go on the diet for a lot of reasons.

1. You should never lose weight that quickly
    2. The diet prohibits exercise
    3. (As a woman) It messes with your reproductive system
    4. It's a shortcut. And shortcuts never work in the long run.

Good luck to ya :flowerforyou:
  • Thanks!!! That was very insightful.... and agreed.... some people can be a bit....ummmm MUCH!
  • You're going to get a lot of rude people replying to this and then also some crazy people who don't have any common sense. If I were you I'd use the search function, there's a huge amount of threads about this on the boards.

1) It's a starvation diet. You live on 500 cals a day. That's starvation and it slows your metabolism if you do it for an extended period of time.
    2) Unless you've got the actual hormone drops it's basically nothing but vitamin water and has NONE of the positive effects that HGC is supposed to have.
    3) EVEN THE GUY WHO INVENTED THIS DIET SAYS IT IS THE CALORIE DROP THAT CAUSES YOU TO LOSE WEIGHT NOT THE DROPS THEMSELVES (It's all there in 'Pounds & Inches')
    4) Most people on HCG deny the above fact which makes me super suspicious of it.

My advice is to NEVER do this unless you are doing it under a Doctor's recommendation and personally I'd want another doctor if I got told to do this.

Thanks!!! That was very insightful.... and agreed.... some people can be a bit....ummmm MUCH!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    THe other little fact they neglect to mention is that it increases your chances of getteing pregnant. Its really just not good for you
  • hdhbam
    hdhbam Posts: 40
    I believe there is a group for this under the "Groups" tab. You will probably find more support there than you will on the regular forums. Good luck.
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    i got pregnant when my husband and i started this diet but i know you can only eat like 500 calories a day and that is so not good for you
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Not a good idea.

Lose weight then gain back more! Impact- negative.

Do the work, lose the weight
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    I have several co-workers on this, it seems to work for them on a short term basis, but really, if you eat 500 calories a day, you're going to lose weight at first no matter what. One side effect with them i've noticed is that they are very cranky all the time
  • FlexAppeal79
    FlexAppeal79 Posts: 146 Member
    Do you think you can actually ONLY eat 500 calories per day? I would be constantly angry and feeling deprived.

^Ditto :angry: It wouldnt be fair to the people around me...lol.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    THe other little fact they neglect to mention is that it increases your chances of getteing pregnant. Its really just not good for you
    Really? I can't imagine that a starvation diet could increase chances of conceiving. Mother nature can't be that dumb.

(Edit: I am in no way advocating for the HCG diet.)
  • ok so general concenses is:
    It's a No! LOL
    I will be come pregnant and hungry and then able to pass along my pregnant lady pee! LOL Thanks ALL!!! i will admit i did not expect so many people to respond so quickly... :)
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    You're going to get a lot of rude people replying to this and then also some crazy people who don't have any common sense. If I were you I'd use the search function, there's a huge amount of threads about this on the boards.

Thanks!!! That was very insightful.... and agreed.... some people can be a bit....ummmm MUCH!

You're welcome.