Hello from Charlotte, looking for friends

Options
Hello all! My name is Dianna most call me Dia. I've had a successful weight loss over the past 18 months then I was injured, then I hit a 2 month long plateau and finally I caved for a few months. It was hard, still eating healthy just not gyming it how I should, and the dreaded happened I gained some back. I'm really struggling over here and wanting to change my life forever. I have a supportive boyfriend who is even on the site, I have a great gym where people call me out if they haven't seen me in a bit. My life is hectic I own a magazine, I have 5 children from the age of 15 - 4 (4 boys 1 girl) and yes I have some issues that hinder my weight loss one being PCOS. All that said I refuse to let it define me I don't want to be the fat girl anymore, I love the new found energy and spice in life. I'm a party in a bubble for the most part and I love my family. I'm looking for some like minded people to jump on this journey with me from anywhere around the world. I'm in Charlotte, NC anyone else from the Carolinas?

Anyone feel free to add me, I enjoy blogging as I'm a photojournalist and I plan on pouring my heart and soul onto the gym floor and the remnants into the blog. Hope you are all having a successful day!

Dia

Replies

• suggagina
    suggagina Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello Diane, Im in Charlotte, NC also and in need of more friends. Welcome to the family!!!, sending you a friend request
  • dia705
    dia705 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thank you Sug, look forward to getting to know you :)
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm not from Carolina, but I'm from sister state Tennessee (living just outside Nashville), and I love to vacation in North and South Carolina - kayaking in NC, going to the beach in SC! My profession is extremely boring, accounting, so I strive to be much more interesting in my personal life - running, kayaking, hiking, camping, volunteering, whatever it takes to stay active and meet new people. Sending friend request your way...
  • mrsmellymac
    mrsmellymac Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    From the Raleigh area in NC! welcome to MFP! you are welcome to add me!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I am in Charlotte NC and have several MFP friends from Charlotte that encouraged me to join MFP. You may recognize me from Charlotte Mommies if you are a member there. I have a 4 year old and a 19 month old (both boys). You can friend me if you'd like. :-)
  • dia705
    Options
    I've added you all. Thanks for the welcome. MrsFloyd I'm not in Charlotte Mommies but it would make sense with my mob. KayakAngel you sound like you are really having some fun with life, as I get down in the weight I'm attempting to be more active my lifestyle has made it hard but I'm changing up a lot of my stuff to have this happen. I volunteer, camp, and hike as well and enjoy it immensely. I'm trying to find a way to incorporate my daily work with my exercise slowly.
  • RedHeadChick
    RedHeadChick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Glad that you are getting back with it and taking control of your health! That is awesome and I know you will succeed!
  • 4afitCarey
    Options
    I just joined today and I am from Charlotte. I have been doing WW since Feb and have lost 52lbs. I also fight the big C and my fight is currently costing way too much money for WW. I hope to continue my journey this way and lose at least 50 more.

I hope we can encourage each other along the way.

Carey
  • 4afitCarey
    Options
    I just joined today and I am from Charlotte. I have been doing WW since Feb and have lost 52lbs. I also fight the big C and my fight is currently costing way too much money for WW. I hope to continue my journey this way and lose at least 50 more.

I hope we can encourage each other along the way.

Carey
  • judykritikos
    Options
    I'm from CA - but my mom's name is Charlotte. Does that count?? lol - love to add you as a friend. My ex (we're on good terms) lives in Cherry Point (New Bern) - and I visited there once. So maybe the mom/visit counts. lol
    Everyone struggles - that's why we're all here. Everyone supports - and that's why we're all here, too. Support, encouragement and sometimes a kick in the tush when needed. My wt loss is going so slow, I thought it might be going backwards. 1 lb a week. However, it took 10 years to put on 20 lbs, so if it takes months to get it off - well, so be it.
    Tell ya what - I think VERY VERY carefully about what I eat now. That chocolate is NOT worth the extra hour workout! Once it was, and that's why I'm working hard to get rid of it's after affects.
    Stay the course, girl, you'll have lots of us for company!
    Judy
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from outside Charlotte, NC. I live in Mt Holly, NC.

I'm going to send a friend request. I've been wondering if there were any people locally on here. Yeah!
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Hello i currently live in south fl. but i have spent much time in Maggie valley NC. feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • dia705
    Options
    Carey, I've been in remission for a few years now (twice). I'm glad to get back on track and start fully living!

Judy - CA is gorgeous I have traveled and stayed there many time throughout my touring career. A lot of my time was spent in Calabassas and Morning View and a bit of Malibu beautiful scenery I wish I was close to there again I so miss the beach and the skating that helped keep me in shape back then. Sugary sweets and carbs have been my downfall completely, it's more I tend to want to reward myself too much and do great all week and the weekend I'm a train wreck. My "trainer" and I have set my weigh in's for Monday to help keep me accountable as well as using this site now to really be openly held accountable. Seems so many friendly and wonderful people are here, I think this was the right move and next logical step in the direction I want to go!

Liez - Great to know someone close as well :)
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Charlotte area here as well! Monroe to be exact! Add me
  • 52Diva2B
    52Diva2B Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Dia,
    I'm in Denver, CO... I too am looking for new friends to help keep me motivated and teach me things that worked for them. I've been on this journey for the past 6 months. Welcome to MFP.
  • Lindseysund8
    Options
    Welcome! I'll send a request. You'll do great!
  • cosmicrelief
    cosmicrelief Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not even slightly close (Australia) but feel free to add me :)
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hi Dia and welcome, I live in FL....I have been to Charlotte, its so pretty there! Good luck to you with your weight loss journey, it certainly looks like you are off to a great start! Feel free to add me if you like....we can all use all the support we can get!:flowerforyou:
  • mybeachpal
    mybeachpal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey Hi Dia !! It's me, Nancy from Sonoma (Cali, that is). Would love to befriend you. Your story is amazing. Wow, what an achievement. Well, it is past my bedtime. Would love to hear from you.

Cheers ! Nancy :flowerforyou: