Any NASCAR fans?

Options
Now that I have gotten my rant out about my money problems :tongue: the Superbowl is over, I'm wondering if any of my new buds are here are Nascar fans? So now you know the 29 in porka29 is not related to my age :laugh: but rather my driver, Kevin Harvick.

Can you all tell that I am willig to do almost anything on these boards today to keep my mind off food and money!:bigsmile:

Replies

• porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Now that I have gotten my rant out about my money problems :tongue: the Superbowl is over, I'm wondering if any of my new buds are here are Nascar fans? So now you know the 29 in porka29 is not related to my age :laugh: but rather my driver, Kevin Harvick.

Can you all tell that I am willig to do almost anything on these boards today to keep my mind off food and money!:bigsmile:
  • yooperme
    yooperme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am a Nascar fan, and its been a long 2 months without watching racing. It starts this saturday with the big one next weekend. So many people can't understand why I can watch cars go around in a circle.........they'd rather watch golf.....ahghghghgh. I am for #17.........hope he does better than last year.
  • LAKOOLEY
    Options
    Yes, but 48 is my number!
  • jaglover04
    jaglover04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    HECK YEAH!!! So ready for the season to start, we have our fantasy draft w/ the shoot out this weekend!! I'm a Newman fan, but i also really like Edwards!! Do any of you visit the tracks regularly? I've been going to Richmond twice a year for the past 8 years now, i love it!! I've hit a few other tracks but i really want to get to Dover this year!!

WAHOO LETS GO RACIN!!! :happy:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Big Nascar fan. I go to the Indy and Chicago races almost every year.

I was a big fan of Dale Jarrett but, I kinda root for a few of the drivers since he retired; Edwards, Harvick, and Jeff Burton.

I find myself rooting for Robbie Gordon just because he is doing it all himself too.

BTW Indy was a bad race last year.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I like Jr

but Tony Stewart is my fav

Been to Lowe's Motor Speedway twice and Loved it!

Before-met Dale Jarrett at a baseball tournament my son was playing at in Charlotte NC year ago this past fall....he's tall My son didn't ask for his autograph he said he would have if it were Jr!

can't stand Montoya
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I like Jr

but Tony Stewart is my fav

Been to Lowe's Motor Speedway twice and Loved it!

Before-met Dale Jarrett at a baseball tournament my son was playing at in Charlotte NC year ago this past fall....he's tall My son didn't ask for his autograph he said he would have if it were Jr!

Another reason to like you, Nascar fan.
    :wink:
  • smendek910
    Options
    Absolutely!!!! 48 is my driver - Gooooo Jimmie!!!!
    Thank God the season is about to start - I hate not watching for a few months. Went to Daytona last year & had a blast!!!! Wanted to go this year but money's a little tight:sad:
  • porka29
    Options
    Yayyyy, this is making my day look up! I've seen some photos on other people's profile, so I thought there were a few of us.
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a NASCAR fan!!! I don't have one particular favorite, just ones I don't like, lol! (Harvick is one of the ones I like.) My DH, DS and I go every year to the spring race at Texas Motor Speedway, and we've been to Talladega twice.

Boogity, boogity, boogity! Let's go racin' boys!!! :bigsmile:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options

that's what the 29 in my name is for.:smile:
  • porka29
    Options

that's what the 29 in my name is for.:smile:

whoo hooo!!!!!
  • LauraLea
    Options
    Love that 29 as well, he's right up there with my 20 oops I mean 14 I am never gonna get the silly season straight.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm a Stewart fan!!!!!
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    NASCAR IS BACK......I am very happy.....My driver is Kasey Kahne...and not because he is a winner....I picked him for his name..it is the same as my late grandson Kasey....

I go back a long way...I have been watching Nascar since it began.....I am 69 years old....

I love the old timers...and love when they show clips of the old races...like Dayton on the beach

In the 1950's I use to listen to the Indianapolis 500 on the radio...I loved it....
  • porka29
    Options
    NASCAR IS BACK......I am very happy.....My driver is Kasey Kahne...and not because he is a winner....I picked him for his name..it is the same as my late grandson Kasey....

I go back a long way...I have been watching Nascar since it began.....I am 69 years old....

I love the old timers...and love when they show clips of the old races...like Dayton on the beach

In the 1950's I use to listen to the Indianapolis 500 on the radio...I loved it....

Cool, although I have not been watching as long as you I was left by my mom for many years cause I had inner ear issues, for races and hated it - nascar. But as I've gotten older and she's unfortunately gone now, I have found my own way back. I liked Ricky Rudd before picking Kevin Harvick (was so out of tune that I didn't even know or realize that he'd replaced Dale Sr:noway: ) but I'm proud now and hope that my mom knows that I was just a bratty kid all those years cause I was jealous. Anyhoo, maybe we can do a challenge, your driver finishes here you have to do those miles extra or something....just looking for another cool thing to do to keep me motivated!
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    NASCAR IS BACK...:love: ..SPEED WEEK IS HERE..:heart: ..BUD SHOOTOUT THIS WEEKEND.....I AM A HAPPY FAN....:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    I am a new Nascar fan. My man and his boy are HUGE fans so I'm learning from them. He's a big Harvick fan and our living room is wall to wall #3 - people bug us cuz it looks like a 16 yr old's bedroom. I kind of have to agree - hoping to get the basement finished so we can move all the Dale Sr. stuff there.

We've got a neighborhood racing pool going on. Weekly picks, weekly wins. I am the treasurer. Should be fun, since I wasn't in it last year (moved in with my guy in June so it was a little late for me to join).

I don't really have a favourite yet, but I'm sure that will change soon enough!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I live near the Bristol Motor Speedway....gets crazy twice a year! lol :tongue:
  • porka29
    Options
    Glad to see my post resurface!!! My biking at the gym went by so fast watching NASCAR media day, very excited to start a new season!!