Favorite Quote

Options
RicSnyder
RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
I have the world's longest favorite quote...but it is a good one.

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. - Charles Swindoll

What's your favorite quote?

Replies

• AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot :bigsmile:
  • vt2200a
    vt2200a Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome quote!

Mine is

"If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    The last stanza in the poem "Invictus" by William Ernest Henley:

"It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul."
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    Long before the shirt company started with it....our favorite phrase is *Life is good.*

LIFE is good...not as in 'our life is great' but in the context of just plain LIFE...being alive...being happy for what we have instead of depressed about what we don't has made all the difference to our family. I agree...attitude truly makes a difference no matter what it is we are doing!

Of course when the shirts came out we loaded up on those! :)
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    We may not have it all together but together we have it all.
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    with style and grace kick *kitten* and take names :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    "I'm not addicted to cocaine, I just like the way it smells" - Richard Pryor
  • maddyg1989
    maddyg1989 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    "Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens" - Jimi Hendrix

and

"Happiness consists not in having much, but in being content with little" - Margueritte Gardner, Countess of Blessington

and

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My email signature is:
    A kInD HeArT iS a FoUnTaIn oF GlAdNeSs, mAkInG eVeRyThInG In It's ViCiNiTy FrEsHeN iNtO SmiLeS'

another is: Nothing we do, however virtuous, can be accomplished alone; therefore we are saved by love

Or my own... which is Embrace your inner insanity and find the True You (I wrote that one after I realized my name backwards (Melissa) spells Assilem) hehehehe
  • sing4me4you
    sing4me4you Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    We never know how high we are
    Till we are called to rise;
    And then, if we are true to plan,
    Our statures touch the skies—

Emily ****inson
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    "Faith is the bird that feels the light yet sings while the dawn is still dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore

He was an Indian Poet, Playwright and Essayist, Won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913, 1861-1941.
  • sing4me4you
    Options
    Curious that the website edited out ****inson
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have a several, including these:

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Jefferson

"A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"If you can talk, you can sing; if you can walk, you can dance." - A saying from Zimbabwe

And then there is my personal motto, which is:
    "Every choice you make about what you will put in your body and how you will move your body will either put you one step closer to good health or one step further away." - Me :)
  • sing4me4you
    Options
    D-I-C-K-inson
  • magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Funny! They allow Peterson. :tongue:
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sweat is just fat crying....
  • kko64
    kko64 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    “My life has been the polar opposite of safe, but I am proud of it , and that is good enough for me. I would do it all over again without changing the beat, although I have never recommended it to others. That would be cruel and irresponsible and wrong, I think, and I am none of those things.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have the world's longest favorite quote...but it is a good one.

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes. - Charles Swindoll

What's your favorite quote?
    "

Got to love Chuck!
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I have so many...I guess my absolute favorite at this time in my life is...

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. - Anais Nin