Hi, just joined.

Options
Just joined. Am trying to lose weight. Also working on stopping drinking and smoking. Tend to feel exhausted a lot of the time (sleeep problems) so it's a bit hard to get "adequate" exercise because even doing the minimum I need to do a day (and many days I can't) I am tired. But I am working on getting healthy. I want to lose 23 pounds. :)

12723339.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Barbarablw
    Barbarablw Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome.....with a lil motivation anything is possible =)
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I can tell you, I've been there. I stopped smoking first...8.5 years ago. Added some weight, year after year. I was always tired, sometimes falling asleep during lunch, during break, even driving on the way home from work! I had no energy to do anything. Then I decided it was time to do something. Time to lose weight and get back into shape. Contrary to popular belief, round isn't a shape when it comes to being healthy.

I've been here for 8 months and I just went over 75 pounds lost. :happy:
    I still have an occasional drink, but not like I used to drink. :noway:

Use MFP, Eat right, eat proper portions, go to the gym and you'll see results!!
  • bexominglex
    bexominglex Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I live in vancouver and am on disability for medical things. No money for a gym and also, too tired to even walk to a gym right now. (laughs). I am starting with what I can do without being exhausted (I generally sleep 14 hours a day or so and am still tired). But I do want to go or short little walks and also watch what I eat calorie wise and try to eat healthier. if I log my food down I think it might help. Thanks,
  • RedHeadChick
    RedHeadChick Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What is your diet like at the moment? That plays a huge role in energy levels.
  • bexominglex
    Options
    My diet is raw carrots, veggies in general, veggie dip, sushi, seaweed salad, the odd burger, sometimes pasta and sauce or vegetarian chili, salmon, whey protein powder, beans... a variation of things depending on what is on sale. From what I can tell it's not my diet. My diet isn't perfect by any means, but it isn't super bad. I am not allergic to anything and don't have food intolerances. I have trouble sleeping cause of some medical stuff so that leaves you drained (not sleeping deeply enough). Also does anyone else notice that their weight can fluctuate as much as 5-6 pounds in a few days? it stays within a certain range so I am guessing that if i see a sudden fluctuation of 5 pounds or so after a day or two, it has to be water weight?
  • bexominglex
    Options
    Great job losing 75 pounds! That is awesome!