Need help entering a recipe

snwilliams3
snwilliams3 Posts: 34 Member
I have a recipe that includes dipping chicken in egg whites and then into a crumb mixture. What's the best way to enter this? If I just enter it as an ingredient, it will be adding too many calories. Also, do you think dipping in skim milk instead would serve the same purpose as the egg whites?

Thanks!

Sw: 255
Cw: 235

Replies

• Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    i'd weigh it all out and put them in individually :)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    I am not sure how to log the dipping, but I know of at least one recipe (Cooking Light's Oven Zucchini Chips) that does use skim milk to dip in before breading.

You'll never know till you try!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    i would weigh the eggs before i dipped the chicken in, and then weigh it after. if 2 eggs weighs 30g grams and you end up actually using half, then enter one egg. same with the crumb mixture.
    thats what i did last night when i made baked chicken legs (though i didnt dip in egg whites, just flour/cornmeal)
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    I would just enter the amount of egg white personally, 1 egg white is very few calories. Weight the crumbs out before you dip the chicken in it, for example weigh out 50g dip the chicken in it and see how much if any is left
  • snwilliams3
    snwilliams3 Posts: 34 Member
    Great idea! Thanks!