Ive heard this before, but is it true?

Options
Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
When you stop with the junk food for quite a while, and you eat it again, you don't like it. I have been eating "clean" I guess you could say, or just healthy hahaha for just over a month and I really wanted some chips and a chocolate bar yesterday... The chips were horrible, and the chocolate bar was way way too sweet!

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    When you stop with the junk food for quite a while, and you eat it again, you don't like it. I have been eating "clean" I guess you could say, or just healthy hahaha for just over a month and I really wanted some chips and a chocolate bar yesterday... The chips were horrible, and the chocolate bar was way way too sweet!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am the same way. That stuff just doesn't appeal to me anymore because it makes me feel sick. Especially greasy or too rich foods.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    This happened to me. I was addicted to soda. About 3 weeks after coming off the stuff, I tried to drink one at work and it was very nasty.
    I also noticed that during the Super Bowl party I couldn't eat the cookie that was given to me. It tasted too sweet.
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I have a Taco Bell addiction. After not eating it after not eating it for a while I notice that my body isn't too happy with me and I spend the next few hours racing to the bathroom. Sweet things taste much sweeter and greasy things are much greasier.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Hmmm..i could see the reason behind this..because they say something about processed foods numbing our taste buds and how we condition ourselves with all the salt in foods to not enjoy real food...so..i could understand that....I have been eating well for about a month but do occasionally have chips or chocolate.....i still enjoy them but I have noticed i don't NEED them anymore. I don't sit there and think oh i want chocolate sooo bad. Normally any junk food in my house wouldn't last 5 minutes but now I've had 2 chocolate bars sitting in my fridge for about 3 weeks now. Last night I had a little piece, normally I have no self control and would have eaten the whole thing.....so...I can believe that!!!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I totally agree too, I used to LOVE french fries, I mean LOVE. Now when I eat them they RUN right through me if you know what I mean
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any unhealthy or fast food in 2 weeks and am amazed I am not craving it at all..
  • craigc155
    Options
    I have noticed this just lately. I gave up sugar 2 weeks ago - anything refined or processed. It's amazing how 'different' things taste now! I really think my tastebuds have awoken! Fruit tastes sooo sweet now - a banana is almost too sweet! I never liked hot tea before w/out sugar or something sweet. I had a cup yesterday - loved it! .....a warm chocolate chip cookie still sounds pretty good, tho! :bigsmile:
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do think this is true.... I'm lucky in that I never did enjoy sweets and candies, but I ate my share of junk food earlier in my life. :noway:

Now I cana't even stand the smell of all that grease when I pass by one! LOL! :laugh:

:glasses:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I totally agree too, I used to LOVE french fries, I mean LOVE. Now when I eat them they RUN right through me if you know what I mean

I am the SAME way!! I feel like crap when I actually do eat like that!