Feel full so fast

Options
I'm eating healthy and right-sized portions but I'm getting full so fast that I almost can't finish my meal. A salad even.
What's up with that?

Replies

• irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good problem to have.
  • coop1973
    coop1973 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way...I think my stomach is shrinking and I'm always full of water to help make me feel full! Somedays I have to force myself to eat.
  • Darcie125
    Options
    I agree! Wish I had that problem.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Your stomach can shrink or expand as needed. The real question is, what happens later? Does what you eat sustain you for as long as you want? If so, you really don't have a problem. You're probably eating the right number of calories for your metabolism (even if that's fewer than MFP recommends; everyone's body is different).
    Or, on the other hand, do you get hungry again, or get really tired & grumpy, in just a couple of hours? If that's the case, you should try either eating more often, or eating a different ratio of nutrients (for example, more protein & fewer carbs).
    No one can really decide this but you, since it depends on your particular body and its quirks. Good luck!
  • kjerred
    Options
    I have noticed that too. I feel like I snack more and not eat a meal because I can't ever finish anything anymore. I feel hungry every few hours but then I try and eat a meal and no luck.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Hmm i think i could easily down a huge meal any day xD
  • positivespin29
    positivespin29 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks AdAstra47
    in response to your post....

I get hungry again in a couple of hours. I will take your suggestion and approach this with smart snacking. Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing this. I think my stomach has shrunk a bunch in the last several weeks with all my eating modifications & increased workout schedule.