What happens when you get to your goal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I think it is really about what works for you. I have been maintaining for about 2 months so not real long and I still check in regularly. I am one of those people that weighs myself everyday but I also do not get freaked out about a couple pounds either way. I know there will be fluctuation day to day and I am ok with that. I also record off and on so I know I am staying on track with things most days I don't finish out the record but I have a good idea of how the day went.
    Good luck and feel free to friend me if you would like. I would love to have a couple more friends that are on maintenance.

Completely agree. It just depends on what you feel comfortable with. I try and log during the week to make sue I am not over doing it, but then I let it go on the weekends. Been maintaining for about 3-4 months and feeling great :).
  • kehlinger
    Options
    Does this program actually recognize when you've reached your goal weight and change your daily calorie allotment and such? I am at my goal weight but it is still in weight loss mode as to giving me only 1200 calories a day and increasing that number only if I exercise. Can someone explain to me how to move into maintenance mode using this program? Thanks.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    When I reach my goal weight, I'm going shopping for new clothes!

I probably won't log in everyday. I'll weigh myself daily, and if I start to creep back up, I'll come back and track again.
  • strawberryromper
    strawberryromper Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Does this program actually recognize when you've reached your goal weight and change your daily calorie allotment and such? I am at my goal weight but it is still in weight loss mode as to giving me only 1200 calories a day and increasing that number only if I exercise. Can someone explain to me how to move into maintenance mode using this program? Thanks.

Go to My Home, then Goals, Change My Goals. I do the Guided option. At the bottom, where you originally set your weight loss goals, change it from "Lose/Gain X Pounds Per Week" to "Maintain my current weight."
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about this for awhile now "What happens after this weight comes off." well for me losing weight has been viewed as a game. If I loose so much weight in 1 month, and reach that goal, I reward myself with something I been wanting. Right now it's jogging shoes, and I have 1 more week to see my Nov. Goal and I've already hit it so I get them LOL.

Ok that's not the question, after I lose my weight, I'll be changing my game, my new game will be to keep it off, not only that but to tone my body and gain muscle in the right places, to get what I think would be the perfect body for me. Then when I hit that goal, that is the ultimate goal for me, but it doesn't end, because I need to maintain it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!