Shoes

Options
My birthday is coming up and I'm buiying my self some new tennis shoes, I've always gotten nike shox because I like how they look, but for once in my life I want to get something that is effecient,stylish and not going to leave my knees aching and my feet feeling like they're on fire after zumba. My shoes are old and worn out.

So sugest away!

My activities would be walking/running/zumba and weight lifting

Replies

• ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters so much the brand (as long as it's a brand made for sports and not a "fashion" brand) just as long as the shoe fits your foot properly. And yes, even if the shoe is a good one, they do wear out and need replacing when they lose their support. I usually buy Avia because they fit my foot and they can be had at a reasonable price.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    sketchers make cute workout shoes!!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    If you're doing a lot of cardio, go to a running store and get fitted. I used to swear by Nike Shox and was blaming my knee problems on my surgery 3 years prior. When I got fitted for my Brooks and started running in those, no more knee pain. Then I found out that Shox aren't really great exercise shoes so Brooks are all I wear now.
  • AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The best thing I ever did was get properly fitted for workout shoes. I went to a local running store that my friend owns, and they fixed me up. My shoes (Mizuno) look great, are very supportive, and very comfortable. My feet never hurt! Get fitted properly and spend the money, your feet will thank you.
  • iluvlabbies
    iluvlabbies Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do Turbo Fire and lots of run-walks so I tend to rotate out my shoes for athletics. I have a pair of Nikes like you mentioned, but also have a couple of pair of New Balance with stability and motion control. Not sure of the exact model - I think 1012 is one of them - but they are light and provide good support. I'm over 50 so I have to make sure not to torque my knees or my arthritis will be worse - LOL!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    If you're doing a lot of cardio, go to a running store and get fitted. I used to swear by Nike Shox and was blaming my knee problems on my surgery 3 years prior. When I got fitted for my Brooks and started running in those, no more knee pain. Then I found out that Shox aren't really great exercise shoes so Brooks are all I wear now.

I used to work in a shoe store, my boss was a runner. Brooks is one of, if not the best, running shoe out there
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a running store (Fleet Feet) to get properly fitted for my next shoes! I think it will be worth the retail price tag for the shoes - I'll definitely be buying them online after the initial fitting/purchase!

I don't want to deal with shin splints or knee damage, so I think it will be worth it. Everyone is different so there's no one brand fits all, unfortunately. :(
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I don't want to deal with shin splints or knee damage, so I think it will be worth it. Everyone is different so there's no one brand fits all, unfortunately. :(
    [/quote]
    I agree. I have to use mens shoes as even a wide doesnt fit right. I have worn the Nike Air Monarch for years and it is the only shoe I find that has enough support for me.Never been fitted though. I never have knee issues or anything