Does anyone else....

Options
GreenLifeGirl
GreenLifeGirl Posts: 381 Member
...spend a WHOLE lot more time on here than they ever did on facebook?

I've never bothered spending much time on facebook or any other forum/social networking site...most of my friends on fb think i have dropped off the face of the earth.

But then MFP happened to me...and now I feel like I almost live on here.

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    *hangs head* im addicted to MFP. i may need an intervention soon...but not yet please!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yesss, i hog up this pc all dayy..reading blogs and comments, seeing everyone's results and pics is fuuuuuun!
  • Oz2011
    Oz2011 Posts: 58
    Options
    LOL, guilty!, ive actually deleted my FB account,lol.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Yeah, FB has kind of lost its luster for me so I'm on here, actually accomplishing something worth while now.
  • sweets2001
    Options
    I get on here first before I even log into Facebook! Definitely spend more time here then I do on Facebook these days.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking a lot about this lately and yes I am obsessed with MFP now. Actually I've been looking for a reason to just delete facebook. And since the new changes recently I notice people are much more careful about what they are posting so it isn't as fun anymore. Now all they need on here is a chat feature and like button and it would be even more awesome.
  • Barbarablw
    Barbarablw Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just deleted my facebook and started this up. I like it alot more NO DRAMA!! lol plus ill just open it back up when i loose the weight i want =)
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Options
    Family has been after me for a long time to get on facebook. I have always refused and they make fun of me. Now I'm on MFP for several hours a day and, well, they make fun of me :laugh:
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes, given that I have only been on here for a little over a week...and I was the same way when I first got FB! but I love this site!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I'm pretty addicted to this site. Still haven't figured out if this is a good thing or bad thing.
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i deleted my fb due to not so nice ppl and serious negativity so YES i definately do especially cuz its such a positive environment :) THANKS EVERYONE
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    UMMMM yeah
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    ... yes, I'm guilty... :blushing:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I think being able to check on postings and hold discussions about fitness related issues is helpful. On fb, I'm afraid to even admit that I'm trying to lose weight. I've failed so many times, I just don't want to say anything until I change my avatar one hundred or so pounds from now and my friends can say "Hey, where's the rest of you?" Until then, it's easier to post on here what is going on in my life...
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Definitely prefer Mfp over Facebook. Deleted my Facebook in Feburary.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I think I need help. I get up in the morning... check MFP.... check facebook... go back to MFP....

... Eat breakfast and log lunch... MFP...

.... on break at work... check MFP.... (got to make sure what I logged it what I actually ate)

.... when I get home from work... MFP.... (have to see who worked out...any new posts I should be aware of)

.... after working out.... MFP....(gotta log it! might as well check everything else too....)

... oh got to log dinner! ... MFP.....

...before bed...check MFP.... check facebook... go back to MFP....
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I think I need help. I get up in the morning... check MFP.... check facebook... go back to MFP....

... Eat breakfast and log lunch... MFP...

.... on break at work... check MFP.... (got to make sure what I logged it what I actually ate)

.... when I get home from work... MFP.... (have to see who worked out...any new posts I should be aware of)

.... after working out.... MFP....(gotta log it! might as well check everything else too....)

... oh got to log dinner! ... MFP.....

...before bed...check MFP.... check facebook... go back to MFP....

That looks pretty similar to my day :)
  • magdamccraven
    magdamccraven Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Same as above. I should probably be going out to exercise more.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I like it here. Lots of good people who have similar life goals. My FB page is far less personal for me as there are family and coworkers there that I prefer to keep in the dark about my personal nutritional goals.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I've never had a Facebook or MySpace page!

But I am certainly going to need a support group for my MFP addiction.