A Kick in the Rear!

Options
So, this past week was a rather stressful one that I wasn't mentally prepared to deal with. I've been pretty positive about my weight loss, but between my ToM, very little sleep, and traveling (which included eating out with friends most of the weekend), I didn't stick too close to my meal plans or exercises. I got 2 days of the gym in but, not much more than that. When I weighed in this morning, I had only gained 0.4lbs this past week...so it's not the WORST situation ever and I intend on kickin it in high gear this week, but i'm finding it hard to motivate myself. :grumble: Any words of wisdom?

Oh, I also have a question, which may seem rather silly...but here goes...with the 'extra calories' earned from working out....are we SUPPOSED to eat most of those calories as well?? What happens if we don't? (I'm also counting POINTS as well as calories and I've noticed there are slight differences so I'm not quite meeting my cal. goal each day - only under about 200-400 each day - but it just re-figured itself today when I recorded my weightloss...so maybe that will help) Still new to all of this and any advice is MUCH appreciated! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    So, this past week was a rather stressful one that I wasn't mentally prepared to deal with. I've been pretty positive about my weight loss, but between my ToM, very little sleep, and traveling (which included eating out with friends most of the weekend), I didn't stick too close to my meal plans or exercises. I got 2 days of the gym in but, not much more than that. When I weighed in this morning, I had only gained 0.4lbs this past week...so it's not the WORST situation ever and I intend on kickin it in high gear this week, but i'm finding it hard to motivate myself. :grumble: Any words of wisdom?

Oh, I also have a question, which may seem rather silly...but here goes...with the 'extra calories' earned from working out....are we SUPPOSED to eat most of those calories as well?? What happens if we don't? (I'm also counting POINTS as well as calories and I've noticed there are slight differences so I'm not quite meeting my cal. goal each day - only under about 200-400 each day - but it just re-figured itself today when I recorded my weightloss...so maybe that will help) Still new to all of this and any advice is MUCH appreciated! :flowerforyou:
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Well, for the motivation.. I made a mix CD of all my favorite workout music and I put it in my car, set to play loudly when I turn the car on. That way, I'm already pumped on my way home from work, that I'm anxious to get my butt in the gym! haha
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    A .4 gain after only working out twice, and eating out most of the wekend in great! I think you are supposed to eat the extra calories you earn when working out.

On a side note, I was looking at your profile... Nice to see another opera singer out there! I went to The Boston Conservatory.... Don't you just HATE it when people think that you have to be heavy to be a great singer? You know, the horn look... heeheehee. Words of wisdom from my teacher about loosing weight; make sure you concentrate on working out those abs! It'll help wicked!

:drinker: ROCK ON DIVA!!!!!:drinker:
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    That's a very good idea tabchanges:bigsmile: I would definetly go with that one too:tongue: .You must try to eat all of your excercise calories :noway: otherwise your body may go into starvation mode and you don't want that:grumble: seeing as you are doing so well :flowerforyou:

Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words for they become actions. Understand your actions for they become habits. Study your habits for they will become your character.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I found this link in the sticky in General Diet and Weight Loss Help....it answers your question about eating your exercise calories. :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!! :bigsmile: I also noticed another person posted the same question (probably worded better) later this afternoon and I read her responses as well.

And yay for DIVAS!! Oh yes, abs and core are getting a great workout, gotta sing everyday as that changes with the weight loss and increased breathing. I just wish practicing arias was acceptable at the gym! :laugh:

Thanks so much guys, I just had a great workout and am gonna go enjoy a nice dinner now!