How has running helped you lose weight?

Options
I have just started the couch to 5k programme and would love to know how running helped you shift the bulge, I would love some inspiration. Pics would be great too! x

Replies

• ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Running cuts belly fat, and tones up the behind so it doesn't jiggle as much :-) The more I run, the better..
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I dropped about 12lbs training for my first 5K. Running is a great way to lose weight, especially at shorter distances. I've found that, as I worked my distance up (20+ miles per week) that it was harder to lose weight because I needed so much more energy to run well. Either way, it'll definitely kick start your weight loss!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    running, by itself, does not cause you to lose weight (at least not long term, fat loss). a caloric deficit causes you to lose weight. nutrition (what you eat/drink) is at least 80% of the equation in this regard because there's no amount of running that can outdo bad eating.

now, running (and other exercises) have their own important benefits to your health...but fat loss comes primarily from what you eat/drink.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think running as helped me lose weight...

Today:
    12102525_7520.jpg

10/22
    12102525_906.jpg
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    double
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs just eating right and running 40 miles a week.

Running is amazing.